Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why they seem to be completely ignorant of all the Canadian VINs reported in the last 3 days. No entries in their spotted VIN chart, no mention in the news update.

FWIW, I submitted my US VIN on Wednesday evening (224xx) and their charts look to me as though they're still not counting it.

Last edited:
Maybe you can tweet Tom Randall (Tom Randall (@tsrandall) | Twitter) abut it?

Tom Randall has acknowledged that the Bloomberg model is ignoring the high VINs (even though they clearly are not outliers) and suggests the Bloomberg model will be fixed/updated in a few days. Since they are ignoring current data, recent Bloomberg numbers are meaningless as far as predicting current production rate.

Replying to @tsrandall @annerajb and 2 others
The Canada/high VINs issue is separate. In the last few days we have received a lot of VINs in the high 20k range, similar in its distribution as the spreadsheet. But there is a massive gap of several thousand VINs with no reports, so our model sees the higher range as outliers
8:12 AM · May 5, 2018

Replying to @tsrandall @annerajb and 2 others
They're clearly not outliers at this point. Maybe Tesla skipped a bunch to start on Canada, maybe something else. If we override the outlier rules, it won't distort things too bad—just a spike that quickly subsides—but we decided to wait a few more days to see what else comes in

8:16 AM · May 5, 2018

Edit: switched the order of tweets so they are chronological

Last edited:
Not THE Tesla lot, but this was the Charlotte NC Service Center yesterday. About a couple dozen 3s awaiting delivery, highest VIN 19XXX. And I got to sit in a red 3 they just added to the showroom. Bigger trunk and better interior fit and finish than I expected! Anxiously awaiting my dual motor...

80617F77-9BB6-467F-9DA8-5EB1D1317AAE.jpeg
659F12B5-8963-4CD3-841E-510C9E19F663.jpeg

Not THE Tesla lot, but this was the Charlotte NC Service Center yesterday. About a couple dozen 3s awaiting delivery, highest VIN 19XXX. And I got to sit in a red 3 they just added to the showroom. Bigger trunk and better interior fit and finish than I expected! Anxiously awaiting my dual motor...

View attachment 299232View attachment 299233
I was in NC about a month ago and ran into a couple guys at the local SC who had given up waiting on the model 3 and went with the S and X. I should have swung by the Tesla store just to sit in one. Thanks for the pics.

I was in NC about a month ago and ran into a couple guys at the local SC who had given up waiting on the model 3 and went with the S and X. I should have swung by the Tesla store just to sit in one. Thanks for the pics.
You may have not had any luck, when I picked up my 3 6 weeks ago from Charlotte they had none on display and would not even allow people to sit in a customer car. Fortunately we took the chance and have been very pleased with our car but there seems to be very few for people to even sit in.

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober