Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a new use for summon today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried soapy water in a spray bottle?

I had tried that, but it just occurred to me that I tried it while the tire was low. I topped it off this morning and tried again and I was finally able to find a nail in the tread. I got it out and the tire is patched and hopefully it will be good for a while. The nail was at the very edge of the tread and probably in a questionable area for patching, but I believe these are the original tires with 32,000 miles on them and I’m not sure they have too much life left in them anyway. Hopefully the patch will hold until I need to replace the tires.

Reactions: jelloslug
I had tried that, but it just occurred to me that I tried it while the tire was low. I topped it off this morning and tried again and I was finally able to find a nail in the tread. I got it out and the tire is patched and hopefully it will be good for a while. The nail was at the very edge of the tread and probably in a questionable area for patching, but I believe these are the original tires with 32,000 miles on them and I’m not sure they have too much life left in them anyway. Hopefully the patch will hold until I need to replace the tires.
In between laughing about the bug smashing post and the tire black application using summons, i reread that you put 32000 miles on your tires?? that's pretty dang impressive.

Reactions: timvracer
@Btrflyl8e uses it when washing the car to enable cleaning of parts of the wheels that aren't visible on the first pass.
Sometimes when I'm feeling really lazy or my feet hurt, I have it meet me partway in the parking lot at work (I always park at the T at the end of the aisle I walk down toward my car so it's a straight shot back to me)