Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a way to elimate ICE-ing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is only an idea but logically it would solve the issue. What we need is a 20ft Supercharging extension cord. So whenever someone tries to ICE the Supercharger spots you would pull directly behind them (blocking them in) then pull out the 20 ft extension cord and plug your car into the Supercharger as usual. You essentially will be blocking them from leaving. I would be willing to bet they won't be too happy to have to wait an hour or two until your done charging. After the word gets around that Tesla owners are carrying these with them then I'm sure the ICE-ing will taper off.

Let me know what you think.

Why? Won't this work perfectly? Plus they won't tow you because they won't tow them. The only question is whether or not a Supercharging extension cable can be made. (Rumor is the cable is liquid cooled on the V3 cables). I'm guessing the cable will cost $200-$300.

Do you have better ideas?
Who do you think wants to assume the potential liability associated with this plan? Tesla? The property owner of the supercharger?

Think real hard about what is going to happen when people get blocked in.

There is also a reason why supercharger cables are not 20’ long but we won’t even get into that.

Reactions: fmm
Why? Won't this work perfectly? Plus they won't tow you because they won't tow them. The only question is whether or not a Supercharging extension cable can be made. (Rumor is the cable is liquid cooled on the V3 cables). I'm guessing the cable will cost $200-$300.

Do you have better ideas?

200-300 is a bit light for a liquid cooled cable.

Who do you think wants to assume the potential liability associated with this plan? Tesla? The property owner of the supercharger?

Think real hard about what is going to happen when people get blocked in.

There is also a reason why supercharger cables are not 20’ long but we won’t even get into that.
What do you think they are going to ram your car? All I have to say is "Sentry mode". Also before you respond "Leaving the scene of an accident"
200-300 is a bit light for a liquid cooled cable.
It won't be liquid cooled as the existing cable doesn't actually have a connector for that as its only in the cable. Plus if its under $500 and it has the Tesla logo on it then people will buy it.

What do you think they are going to ram your car? All I have to say is "Sentry mode". Also before you respond "Leaving the scene of an accident"

It won't be liquid cooled as the existing cable doesn't actually have a connector for that as its only in the cable. Plus if its under $500 and it has the Tesla logo on it then people will buy it.

Do you think your car will be keyed in response to icing someone? Or, maybe you’ll be shot...

No thanks.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Your missing the point. This is a passive way to handle the situation. I'm sure if any police officer is called to the scene they would fully understand the situation and which party is in the wrong. Also let them key my car, I'm not afraid. The point I am making is I would bet you they won't put themselves in that situation again.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar

I feel like I’m talking to a teenager. Best of luck with your idea. You should tweet it at Elon. He will probably offer you a job on the spot.

Reactions: qdeathstar

Your missing the point. This is a passive way to handle the situation. I'm sure if any police officer is called to the scene they would fully understand the situation and which party is in the wrong. Also let them key my car, I'm not afraid. The point I am making is I would bet you they won't put themselves in that situation again.

Ok. Well, I will just tell you this. What someone once told me about humanity:

I’ve found it’s quite impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

It's going to make for a pretty spectacular arc when the ICEr disconnects the extension from the Supercharger cable in anger, since they wouldn't be locked together like when you plug in the car. I suspect you'd find your Supercharger rights rapidly cancelled for creating a potential liability for Tesla.

Unfortunately we're seriously outnumbered so the word won't "get around" to enough ICE-diots.

Reactions: Rocky_H