Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free premium Connectivity ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the latest consensus with this one please? I'd prefer the freebie (why not) as I ordered on 9th May last years and I was under the impression that this was a "for life" service. Indeed I didn't think twice because my original documents don't even mention a subscription.

That said, I use features like Spotify quite a lot and so will just pay and get on with it if needs be. Just don't want to subscribe and then never get re-imbursed if Tesla reverse the decision to charge. I think it's a monthly subscription so probably not too much to lose?

Anyone getting anywhere with this or is it a pay-up and plod on job?

Cheers

Mine ends on 24th August, as I got the email.
I must admit there were no signs of this when I ordered the car on the first day Tesla opened them in the UK in May.
Having said this I'm not paying, as I don't use satellite view and have an unlimited data contract on my phone. I would like them to not stop WiFi connection when switching to drive, but don't expect them to ever change this...
Can't be bothered to complain to a wall of silence that's Tesla email though

Well I never, I just received this email from Tesla ....

We are currently investigating your concern, that is shared by a number of equivalent owners, and will come back to you with an update once we have relevant feedback and a proposed solution. The introduction of the subscription for Premium Connectivity was a change for all our owners globally and so we want to ensure that all equivalent owners are treated equally and fairly. We are working on a solution and will come back to you.

We are currently investigating your concern, that is shared by a number of equivalent owners, and will come back to you with an update once we have relevant feedback and a proposed solution. The introduction of the subscription for Premium Connectivity was a change for all our owners globally and so we want to ensure that all equivalent owners are treated equally and fairly. We are working on a solution and will come back to you.
That’s a bit more promising than “no reply”! :D

At least you received a non comital reply.It only seems fair to me for early adopters anyway.
Which email address did you send request to ?

Watching this thread with interest as my premium connectivity set to expire next month.

Unfortunately (for me) think I've missed the boat though as I ordered 13th August '19. Looking at archived versions of the UK Tesla M3 webpage seems that the "1 year included" clarification was added sometime between 4th June and July 16th 2019.

June 4th 2019;
Screenshot_2020-08-15-07-05-47-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

July 16th 2019;
Screenshot_2020-08-15-07-05-23-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reactions: MrBadger