Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free premium Connectivity ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you leave your car music source as your phone (connected via bluetooth), you can just use the TuneIn app on your phone. Seems like this would be very easy vs having to reconnect the car wifi tether when you drive.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve not found the Bluetooth audio quality to be very good. Perhaps it’s because the speakers are so much better that I notice it more in this car than my old car, but Spotify streaming directly vs Spotify streaming over Bluetooth is quite different!

Hmm, I didn't realise leased vehicles don't get access to upgrades or even this simple thing.

Is that true for everyone on a lease?? I do actually want the premium connectivity... Would be pretty annoying not to have access to it :/

I've decided that i'll only subscribe for a month at a time when i'm going on a road trip for a week or two, the rest of the time i'll stream Spotify from my phone as i have lots of data that i never use and with my phone contract (including spotify) being paid by my employer, it's a win win.

Hmm, I didn't realise leased vehicles don't get access to upgrades or even this simple thing.

Is that true for everyone on a lease?? I do actually want the premium connectivity... Would be pretty annoying not to have access to it :/
It will show up soon. Be patient :)

Orrrrr the lease company will charge you £10 admin fee per month on top, for allowing you to have it.

It's a subscription service and not a car enhancement and can be turned on and off every month to your liking :)

It’s a shame for those of us who are leasing that are willing to pay it but don’t have the opportunity to because the lease companies control the upgrades and give you no options.
I spoke to Tesla about this and lease owners will apparently be given the chance to continue Premium Connectivity and will be billed directly by Tesla via the cc details on your account. Same as Supercharger use.

• Helpful
Reactions: RichOB and bhav
I suppose there is merit in the idea that those owners who purchased the FSD option at Model 3 purchase time and are presumably helping to fund the R&D to an extent could be rewarded with life time Premium Connection especially as this option will not be extended to owners in the UK (and elsewhere) as it is to some in the US. It would be a nice gesture by Tesla and enhance the brand. :cool:

I suppose there is merit in the idea that those owners who purchased the FSD option at Model 3 purchase time and are presumably helping to fund the R&D to an extent could be rewarded with life time Premium Connection especially as this option will not be extended to owners in the UK (and elsewhere) as it is to some in the US. It would be a nice gesture by Tesla and enhance the brand. :cool:
Not sure the brand needs enhancing for people who've already bought the car though ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel

IMHO a fairer option would be those who paid their reservation fee before the cutoff point in 2018(?) got the same benefits as those that configured/ordered - not UK Model 3 purchasers fault that our order book didn't open until (May 2019) much later even though many had made the same financial outlay at similar times but most didn't get any benefit for helping to finance the development of the Model 3.

For me on lease I could see other upgrades for my sr+, heated seats FSD, but cannot yet see premium connectivity, but at the moment I cant see any upgrade options, app or web, so I presume this is work in progress and will appear back soon.
Same here. All upgrade options disappeared not long ago so I'm assuming it's a roll out and will reappear soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: bhav
so I'm bewildered here. I also got the Premium Connectivity ending in May email, but although we can use spotify, browser, YouTube etc, we've never had satellite maps or traffic data. What in fact do we have then cos it sure doesn't look like Premium to me?