Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

free year of supercharging offer today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrtyJrze
Unless you're like me who lost the capability of weekday chances to charge at work, by being no longer employed there. And to be lazy enough to have a HWPC in a box in the garage but not yet installing it.

By my quick calculations, since I've been using a neighborhood SC for the last several months, my yearly SC benefit (assuming no changes to my employment status or COVID-19 lockdown) would be worth about $300.

@DrtyJrze
Unless you're like me who lost the capability of weekday chances to charge at work, by being no longer employed there. And to be lazy enough to have a HWPC in a box in the garage but not yet installing it.

By my quick calculations, since I've been using a neighborhood SC for the last several months, my yearly SC benefit (assuming no changes to my employment status or COVID-19 lockdown) would be worth about $300.

A factor that many forget (or ignore) is the time spent driving to and from SC, wear/tear on car, plus time spent sitting at the SC waiting to recharge. Willing to bet that $300/yr “saved” turns negative once you add all that together.

Do yourself a favor, install the wall charger and get hours of your life back that are hopefully worth more than $300 to you.

OP, if you wanted to get the car early anyway then go for it. But if not, stick to your original plan. Maybe something better will be offered and if not a year of supercharging isn’t worth kicking yourself over. You can make that up with referrals.

A factor that many forget (or ignore) is the time spent driving to and from SC, wear/tear on car, plus time spent sitting at the SC waiting to recharge. Willing to bet that $300/yr “saved” turns negative once you add all that together.

Do yourself a favor, install the wall charger and get hours of your life back that are hopefully worth more than $300 to you.

OP, if you wanted to get the car early anyway then go for it. But if not, stick to your original plan. Maybe something better will be offered and if not a year of supercharging isn’t worth kicking yourself over. You can make that up with referrals.

Yes, get a dryer outlet installed near your breaker box in the garage (assuming that's where it is). This cost me a grand total of $175C. I had to buy the adaptor to go with the included Model 3 charger, that was another $60C. But, man, if I had to charge via 120 instead of 240... I'd be pulling my hair out, if I had any...

• Funny
Reactions: DrtyJrze
My time spent at the SC (only about 5 minutes from home) is well desired as it gets me out of the house for at least 40 minutes. It's located next to a home & garden center where I shop during the time my car is charging or I sit and watch Netflix. I typically charge from 40-50% up to 90% every 10 days to 2 weeks. Yes, I do know that SC is worse for my battery than slower L2 charges.

At the moment my time is not worth that much. Being semi-retired I have lots of free time, along with the SIP orders. But I will eventually install the HPWC in the garage. I'm thinking that I should be flexible enough when I install the HPWC and also add a transfer switch to a 14-50 outlet. I'm not going to be in this house forever and maybe the next owner will appreciate the features I leave (solar on the roof being another one).

Supercharging for a year isn’t really much value. It’s much easier to just charge from home (or work for some people).

This isn’t 2014, they need to do better than that.
+1. I visited my local showroom for a test drive/demo and my advisor mentioned the free one year of SC as an incentive to take delivery before the end of the month. That wasn't enough of an incentive to make me buy now. I was expecting a more aggressive incentive to close out the quarter. I still plan to buy a M3; however, I'll place an order in a couple of months on my terms.

I currently have a 3LR+ on order for delivery like 8-12 weeks (mid August or so). I just got a text from Tesla offering free supercharging for a year if I take delivery by 6/30. Clearly an end of quarter push occurring...

Well, I got an email in 2018 offering me Free Supercharging for Life if I took delivery a month early (Sept instead of Oct) before the end of the third quarter. I did and I even took a copy of the email with me and Tesla refused to honor the offer, told me if I didn't accept the car that day I would be put back at the end of the line for another M3.. Fought with Tesla for several months over it and finally gave up.