Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door seals came off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX is four months old and leading edge rubber seals on both front doors have come off. Since I'm 70 miles from nearest SC, I'l glue them back on if somebody can recommend the proper adhesive. Very little residue on mine, indicating Fremont did not apply sufficiently. Difficult to access the leading edge to apply adhesive. I was considering contact cement. Not sure about weather exposure.
Appreciate your advice.

Missing adhesive on the leading edge door seals seems like a fairly common problem. I saw it reported in this thread - Possible wind noise around drivers side mirror Model X Raven.

I checked my late 2019 X (not happy with cabin noise) - sections of adhesive were missing on the drivers side seal - I used duct tape to fix in short-term!

I was at my local Tesla showroom last week (Bellevue, WA) and checked their showroom X - it also had adhesive missing! I pointed it out to them.

That's exactly what I used to fix mine. Be really careful, that stuff is really messy.

Mobile Service might come out but I heard they just use double sided tape. I think the stuff you linked in better but it's really tricky because the stuff is not tacky at all. I taped mine after using the goop until it cured.

Be nice if you coudl find stuff that you put on both sides, then let it dry partially and then stick it on.

That happened to mine within the first month of ownership on the driver door. I requested serviced and a ranger stopped by a week later and replaced the whole seal which actually wraps around the entire door. Ranger indicated he’s seen this multiple times FWIW.