Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to remove the snout:

kvSSm2X.jpg

I am glad they dropped the grille too. Of course that has nothing to do with the blunt nose.

I can only surmise this blunt face is for pedestrian collision safety concerns.

I thought the same thing. When I first saw how low the front end was I thought to myself is that thing legal?! By adding that upturned crease they lifted the location of the leading contact point by a few inches. If they had followed the lines from the side all the way around swooping down in the front the car would not meet pedestrian collision regulation.

Well, in comparing dimensions to BMW 3-Series, I found that it seems Tesla Motors wanted to silence the minions who kept saying the Model S was 'simply too big'. So, the Model ☰ looks to have been designed to be as small as possible on the outside, while being comparatively cavernous on the inside... The overhangs front and rear are much smaller on the new Tesla. Getting a Corvette, NSX, 348 sort of front end would have made the car much, much longer for no reason beyond style. I can live with a Porsche/Corvair front end instead. Besides, the front is likely to change at least as much as did the Model S and Model X from their Prototypes before final release.
View attachment 170236

Here's a challenge to some of our more talented photoshoppers out there: find the least flattering picture of the Model 3 (in your mind) and slap a license plate on there.

I'm garbage at photoshop but I'm going to give it my best shot over the next few days. I'd really like to see what it looks like with a plate from head on, considering this is what most people will see in their rearview.
f6xxDma.jpg

Found this one earlier....

f6xxDma.jpg

Found this one earlier....
While I respect that not everyone is going to like certain aspects of any particular vehicle, seeing it in person, at the Reveal, I thought it looked really good, kind of like a retro-future 1960s LeMans Ferarri front end. For those of you unfortunate enough to live in a state that requires front plates will at least have a semiflat front to attach the plate holder and not totally ruin the intended design.

You are comparing these two cars right?

la-fi-tesla-model-3-road-pic-20160331

Tesla-Model-S-ADV52MV2-22inch-Wheels-Front.jpg
They resemble eachother yes, Because they are both teslas. If tesla was going to use the sway design they would be completly out of their minds (not because it looks bad, but because it doesn't look like a tesla!)

So what if they are both Teslas?

The Model S's looks is nothing special so to make it something that it isn't doesn't make it any better. In the world of really good looking IC vehicles, the Tesla doesn't look at that good...and it's aged and looks dated. Why is that so hard to accept? It needs a redesign just like every other car does.

So to base the latest Tesla...the bread and butter car of this company mind you....on an aged design is absurd.

They could have and should have done a more innovative and better job. Don't confuse the features and performance with the exterior aesthetic design.