Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone building anything similar to The Law - Front License Plate Bracket for Model S and X from Torklift Central, but for the Model 3?

I love the one for my Model S:

The Law - Tesla Model S Front License Plate Bracket-Aluminum (Auto Pilot Compatible) X7283
Just Released from EVANNEX
The Law: License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model 3 (No-Drill)

Pic1.png

Reactions: TonyPham

FYI -- that is actually a product from Torklift… Evannex is just a reseller (and charges a bit more). Here's the Torklift page: Tesla Model 3 Law

yea.. no thanks. To re-iterate what someone else on this forum said, I'd rather get 7 citations/tickets before buying this overpriced garbage. Costs them $20 to make LOL. Plus if OP makes his those look way nicer IMO

I bought the Model S version of "The Law" when I moved from a 1-plate state to a 2-plate state. Yes, their cost to make these is well below what they charge, but it is a well-made solution that did not require drilling into the nose cone. It is not garbage. It was also the only no-drill mount that was not a magnetic mount that I could find. I'm happy to pay for quality product that gives the maker a profit (if they didn't make a profit, they wouldn't be selling these for long…).

So far, it saved me from a $150 ticket when I was pulled over for what highway patrol thought was seeing me turn on a red light at an intersection marked no turn on red (I had a green arrow that he didn't see -- he was coming from a different direction). The patrolman checked for the front plate and commented that he was surprised I had one since many Teslas don't have the front plat on it (which tells me he thought he'd get an easy ticket!). So its already paid for itself.

______

But I don't want to spoil the OP's thread about his product. I welcome competition in this space -- looks like a nice design that I will consider when I get my Model 3...

yea.. no thanks. To re-iterate what someone else on this forum said, I'd rather get 7 citations/tickets before buying this overpriced garbage. Costs them $20 to make LOL. Plus if OP makes his those look way nicer IMO
If I felt like I could possibly get away without installing the front plate, I would. In my little town, some days it seems Law Enforcement out number the citizens, you cannot go 2 blocks without passing an Officer!!:(

Probably want to minimize blocking the vent as much as possible, that's why it was moved up in close proximity with the OEM mount. Website will be up in about T-48hrs! Finalized design & nested parts layout completed and a small initial production run started. Thank you all for your input and interest

@TonyPham How solid is the bracket? What would happen if you accidentally pushed up against a wall during parking. Would the mount break or the grill it is attached to break? I would prefer the mount broke rather than the grill.

PS: I don't have a Model 3 yet to tell what the grill is made of.
Kipp, it's pretty solid, I did attempt to push it and the front grill is quite flexible itself as it is also made of some kind of plastic as well.