TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by neptune2000, Dec 12, 2017.

1. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

Guess what? I definitely won't be buying the competitors products either. Because, in the end, it's just a license plate holder. I think it's a great product but not what I would want to spend for something that just holds my license plate. Hopefully he can increase his production enough to lower the price. And like I said, I get my car in 10 days. I'm not going to leave it parked in my garage for a couple weeks waiting for this to arrive. I don't live in California, I'm in NY. I probably would get ticketed the first day I drive without a front plate. But I wish him luck. I think he has an advantage over The Law since it's less expensive and it puts the license plate up out of the way of the air intakes.

• Like x 2
  2. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Great Job Tony, Count Me In....As soon as I get my Tesla Invite to Configure (July Hopefully), I will be ordering.

• Like x 1
  3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

For whatever reason I have yet to find a touchless car wash in central NJ. Because of this I’m going to have to pass for now since like The Law, this one will also likely suffer damage if put through a traditional car wash. I always hand wash my cars myself when it’s warm enough outside, but in the winter I will be utilizing a car wash from time to time to get all of the salt and grime off that inevitably come with winter in the north east. I don’t want to have to remove the holder everytime I go to a car wash. This is my only issue though. If not for the car wash situation in my area of NJ I’d definitely be ordering The Bandit.

• Like x 1
  4. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

@PoitNarf, that is the trade-off. I never liked those friction / contact car washes so in a hurry I find a non-contact drive thru. A pressure washer comes in handy quite often as well. Thanks, enjoy your Deep Blue Metallic TM3 in a few days!

5. neptune2000

I've lived in the LA area for 37 years and I never had to put the front license plate on, and never got ticketed, UNTIL I left the car in a Park&Ride for the day. Apparently the various local cities, Hawthorne in my case, do the Park&Ride rounds every day.

• Like x 1
  6. ntranced

ntranced Member

Anybody remove the plate bracket that Tesla installs for you on delivery day for the Model 3?

Is it similar process to the S, or is it different?

• Like x 1
  7. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

@ntranced it was optional install and appointment with SC was needed, but maybe it's been changed / varies with delivery locations.

IMG_9253.jpg

• Like x 1
  8. ntranced

ntranced Member

• Like x 1
  9. neptune2000

At the LA Centinela delivery no cars had the plate bracket installed. They just leave it in the frunk.

• Like x 1
  10. the3hays

the3hays Member

Tony, your product looks awesome! Just ordered our Model 3 today so am interested in your product.

• Like x 1
  11. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

12. the3hays

the3hays Member

Tony,
    We ordered Red multi coat, long Range battery and kept the 18" wheels. The Canadian model 3 starts at $45,600.
    We wanted AWD but that will be Mid 2018. I'm guessing AWD will be approx $6600 Cdn. We decided to go with RWD and get snow tires later.

• Like x 2
  13. TheRealM3

TheRealM3 Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

I'm liking the design and the price of this. Does anyone have have one of these on their Model 3? If so, which size? Is anyone with a Model 3 willing to provide the measurements? Here's how to measure.

• Like x 1
  15. TheRealM3

TheRealM3 Member

Hopefully someone can measure for us. I am going to guess "long" but don't want to guess. Paging PoitNarf!
    I want to order this and some accessories from RPM to get ready for delivery hopefully at the end of the month.

• Like x 1
  16. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

S
    Second this! Would like to know which one to order

17. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

Can ANYBODY WITH A MODEL 3 please just measure the depth of the front grille? WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Find your size

18. steven415

steven415 Member

i like this...someone make a DIY video on your model 3 for youtube hits!

19. Demopenpen

Demopenpen New Member

Looks like extra long.

Attached Files:

20. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

[​IMG]
    Sorry, I am a child.:(

• Funny x 3