Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk, slight dent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently noticed my hood has a crease in it, as opposed to a dent. In bright light, you can not see it. However in a shadow or florescent light, it becomes much more obvious.

IMG_20140117_223324.jpg
IMG_20140117_223335.jpg
IMG_20140117_223345.jpg
IMG_20140119_161618.jpg

The thing that upsets me further is I believe this happened at my service center during the coolant pump upgrade. I didn't notice it for a couple weeks, so of course I can not prove anything. I do, however, know how the car is treated in my possession. I also know that my local service team has left grease marks in the car and shoe prints on the seat before. To me, this fits their behavior pattern.

Has anyone noticed this type of crease before? I would also caution everyone to thoroughly check their vehicle upon getting it back from service as well.

I never got the bill as the tint shop paid the repair. I could ask tomorrow if you like. The damage was almost identical. I did not go to a Tesla approved shop as the closest approved shop was ~200 miles away. Mine was not 3M protected either.

That damn Frunk

IMG_5584.jpg
Hood damage by latch.jpg
The secondary latch does not open approx. 50% of the time. I need to manually release it. It has happened at least 25 times. Has anyone had any problems with the secondary latch not fully releasing the Frunk. I am of the opinion the this dent was cause by the stress and pressure of the primary latch poping up but then the secondary latch holding it down. Car was in service 3 times for this latch release issue and they state noting is wrong, even though my service adviser witnessed it herself. Tesla service manager states the latch poping open on the primary latch and then held shut by the secondary latch is not the cause of this dent and do not take any responsibility. would love to hear from any owners who had Frunk latching issues and if any hood damages resulted.

The secondary latch does not open approx. 50% of the time. I need to manually release it. It has happened at least 25 times. Has anyone had any problems with the secondary latch not fully releasing the Frunk. I am of the opinion the this dent was cause by the stress and pressure of the primary latch poping up but then the secondary latch holding it down. Car was in service 3 times for this latch release issue and they state noting is wrong, even though my service adviser witnessed it herself. Tesla service manager states the latch poping open on the primary latch and then held shut by the secondary latch is not the cause of this dent and do not take any responsibility. would love to hear from any owners who had Frunk latching issues and if any hood damages resulted.

Got that issue (second latch problem, 25% of the time approx also). I asked my SC and they fixed it, never happened again.

would love to hear from any owners who had Frunk latching issues and if any hood damages resulted.

I have the damage, but have not noticed the latching issue...and we use our Frunk a lot. Opens smooth every time.

I didn't see this old thread and started my own...amazing how many of us have this problem. See my last post for Tesla's response (or should I say non-response). Post here:

Frunk Dent (Frustrating...)