Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with repeated reschedule, need to take action.. Please suggest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bolt. Shortest test drive of my life. Would have been shorter, but I was trying not to be rude to the sales person..

ROFL, funny you say that. I also test drove the Bolt. Then when they started quoting numbers, the TM3 was only 15% more AND they said I wouldn't get it until next year (none on the lot). It was a no-brainer. I went the next day and ordered my TM3 sight unseen.

They had the audacity to call me back with a survey, it went like this:

Chevy dealer: How did you like the car? How likely would you purchase it?

Me: The car was OK, but just not competitive at that price point. I don't think I'll buy it.

Chevy dealer: Did the salesperson show you other vehicles?

Me: No, I want an EV

Chevy dealer: But we have other great cars at good price points

Me: I don't think you understand, I only want an EV

Chevy dealer: What can we do to earn your business?

Me: I actually had a good experience at the dealership, but Chevy is not competitive. If you want my business, you'll need to sell Teslas.

The lady sounded so deflated at the end I kinda felt bad. Almost. Just a little...

So it seems like all of us are feeling the decline with the whole *Model 3 disruption*.

...Seems like we, the Tesla alumni club really want to help - interesting that @ACA Man actually was going to get a job as a manager to improve things, WOW!!!! That's pretty cool.

TESLA EXECUTIVES: if you are out there and listening, please let us know. Things are sucky and we really want to be reassured that you know this, and are going to do something about it.

I was going to apply for that position until I saw how much the pay is...NOT worth my time.
PLUS, even as a regional service manager, you don't really have the power to exercise just actions since most everything got to be approved by Fremont.

Tesla started out as a great American company and then...

Another thing they could do would be yes, COMMUNICATE! That's the biggest annoyance thus far with them is they just go radio silent, and that's annoying. Next, offer something for inconvenience! I mean, they already have fleets of vehicles doing "free" Supercharging. How about offering those rescheduled deliveries automatic Supercharger credit. That would go a long way to building good will back. I also hope I don't have some of the other service experiences that I've read in other places. It seems Tesla has historically been great at least on making things right with repeated service visits as necessary, but recently read in another forum that people are even starting to have issues there. I hope that isn't a trend that continues.

*sigh* I'm just going to copypasta what I pasted elsewhere at this point:

SO, the car actually was there for me on Saturday. But alas, I had another surprise waiting for me. Tesla indicated they didn't have the money from the bank, which had me confused as it was marked financed in their system. I learned that was essentially a checklist item that was checked off as they were just expecting it to happen. Got in touch w/ my bank (I'm in AZ currently, but a CU I'm a member of in HI had a great rate, so they put me through the whole process), they told me I was approved, but would not release any info without my loan officers approval (and since it was Saturday...). So Monday morning, I learn, they won't finance the vehicle out of state....despite running me through the whole process. Also talked to Tesla, who has rescheduled my pick-up for the weekend w/ the option of moving it back when the financing is straightened out. I have since acquired a new loan w/ an AZ CU as of today, got them all the info they need w/ the exception of the Tesla purchase agreement (which they have to re-do because of the lender change). My Inside Delivery Advisor seemed a bit snippy, saying "they needed to know in advance if I was going to change lenders." Really?! Like I wanted to be in this situation. Coming from the group that asked me out of the blue in Sept. if I was ready to take delivery of a vehicle they matched me to out of the blue w/ no chance to setup my financing, and then dragged their feet when I was working on it, is now indignant that I have an issue?

ADDED to that, I HAD a zero balance when you subtract the financing from my account. Now I have a mysterious $663 balance and the whole difference is attributable to a change in the "taxes and fees" price, and none of the state fees (registration/title/etc.) have changed. My IDA has not responded yet with that or with the new contract.

I'm super annoyed at what a damn headache trying to purchase this car has been. My one buddy was like "I bet you didn't have this much trouble buying your Ford?" He's right. They saw my credit score and handed me the keys, no money down after Ford credit threw money at me (which I had refinanced w/in the first month at a lower rate, don't believe I'd even separated w/ a payment at that point).

SO, where I sit now, I have delivery scheduled for Saturday, but literally the only thing I'm now waiting on to get a check from the new lender is for Tesla to deliver me a new contract AND to explain where the new charges have come from. I refuse to pay them even more at this point for how much they've jacked me around here w/ zero explanation as to why the rate suddenly increased. It's not like they can claim a financing rate change, that's all on my end. Taxes didn't magically change overnight.

Seriously annoyed. Even worse, I got to actually touch the thing, connect my phone to it, sit in it shotgun when the delivery dude put it back in a parking spot. So close....yet so far.....

*sigh* I'm just going to copypasta what I pasted elsewhere at this point:

SO, the car actually was there for me on Saturday. But alas, I had another surprise waiting for me. Tesla indicated they didn't have the money from the bank, which had me confused as it was marked financed in their system. I learned that was essentially a checklist item that was checked off as they were just expecting it to happen. Got in touch w/ my bank (I'm in AZ currently, but a CU I'm a member of in HI had a great rate, so they put me through the whole process), they told me I was approved, but would not release any info without my loan officers approval (and since it was Saturday...). So Monday morning, I learn, they won't finance the vehicle out of state....despite running me through the whole process. Also talked to Tesla, who has rescheduled my pick-up for the weekend w/ the option of moving it back when the financing is straightened out. I have since acquired a new loan w/ an AZ CU as of today, got them all the info they need w/ the exception of the Tesla purchase agreement (which they have to re-do because of the lender change). My Inside Delivery Advisor seemed a bit snippy, saying "they needed to know in advance if I was going to change lenders." Really?! Like I wanted to be in this situation. Coming from the group that asked me out of the blue in Sept. if I was ready to take delivery of a vehicle they matched me to out of the blue w/ no chance to setup my financing, and then dragged their feet when I was working on it, is now indignant that I have an issue?

ADDED to that, I HAD a zero balance when you subtract the financing from my account. Now I have a mysterious $663 balance and the whole difference is attributable to a change in the "taxes and fees" price, and none of the state fees (registration/title/etc.) have changed. My IDA has not responded yet with that or with the new contract.

I'm super annoyed at what a damn headache trying to purchase this car has been. My one buddy was like "I bet you didn't have this much trouble buying your Ford?" He's right. They saw my credit score and handed me the keys, no money down after Ford credit threw money at me (which I had refinanced w/in the first month at a lower rate, don't believe I'd even separated w/ a payment at that point).

SO, where I sit now, I have delivery scheduled for Saturday, but literally the only thing I'm now waiting on to get a check from the new lender is for Tesla to deliver me a new contract AND to explain where the new charges have come from. I refuse to pay them even more at this point for how much they've jacked me around here w/ zero explanation as to why the rate suddenly increased. It's not like they can claim a financing rate change, that's all on my end. Taxes didn't magically change overnight.

Seriously annoyed. Even worse, I got to actually touch the thing, connect my phone to it, sit in it shotgun when the delivery dude put it back in a parking spot. So close....yet so far.....

You're so close! Like so many others on this board, I think once you finish running this gauntlet, you'll find it more than worth the wait. Just hang in there a little longer!

I'm dying on the hill of the extra charge. If that doesn't go away, I'm done. You don't just add a charge that's more than my last car payment was and expect me to just pay up. Still waiting on them to return a new contract so I can get a check from the new lender. New lender has been great. EVERYTHING is already taken care of, except for the new purchase contract. It's been more than 24 hours, I've sent an email yesterday and today, along w/ a text today to my IDA asking for updates, and thus far, nothing. I'm tired of their shitty communication as well. Just tired of everything related to this process. Tired, pissed off, and frustrated. All the while, they're just sitting on thousands of my dollars. I have zero excitement left at this point.

I'm dying on the hill of the extra charge. If that doesn't go away, I'm done. You don't just add a charge that's more than my last car payment was and expect me to just pay up. Still waiting on them to return a new contract so I can get a check from the new lender. New lender has been great. EVERYTHING is already taken care of, except for the new purchase contract. It's been more than 24 hours, I've sent an email yesterday and today, along w/ a text today to my IDA asking for updates, and thus far, nothing. I'm tired of their shitty communication as well. Just tired of everything related to this process. Tired, pissed off, and frustrated. All the while, they're just sitting on thousands of my dollars. I have zero excitement left at this point.
I got nowhere with emails, phone calls or text. Only time I got anywhere was speaking directly to the manager at my delivery center. It’s been frustrating for me too and I paid for the car already. The end is near for me and should be for you too soon. Hang in there.

This is not Ebay where you are purchasing some cheap Item from China and you hope it gets delivered, but thankfully you are paying little for it so it doesn't matter.

For the majority of us, this is the second largest purchase of our life next to a home. It's a big deal!
But most of us were aware of Tesla’s quirks when we ordered. It’s a pretty amazing car. It’s been said a million times but I’ll say it again...try to relax, don’t pay attention to dates, you’ll be happy when it arrives. Since picking mine up my car has faster braking, better blind spot monitoring, dash cam, and the ability to move in and out of parking spots via phone. How many cars improve after delivery? It breaks my heart your experience is starting with frustration but we’re still a beta audience.

Your bank thought it was a Hawaiian loan and if you were financing the taxes probably figured on the appx 4.7% sales tax. Arizona ranges between 5.6% and 7.1% depending on your county. The exact dollar amount loan would leave you short when considering Az taxes.