Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news to all those who have got the camera retrofits done, you are getting the FSD Beta today or whenever they release the next update.
Andrej Karpathy(Director of AI at Tesla) responded to my tweet and confirmed this. Hopefully they ramp-up camera retrofits as well as there are ton of people waiting!

Thanks for the Tweet! Hopefully “should” means “will” but I think I will delay my celebration until it happens. I noticed Karpathy seems to be more visible the last few days on Twitter. Perhaps he will be a good contact as Musk is focused on a million different things.

Thanks for the Tweet! Hopefully “should” means “will” but I think I will delay my celebration until it happens. I noticed Karpathy seems to be more visible the last few days on Twitter. Perhaps he will be a good contact as Musk is focused on a million different things.
Yes, Karpathy has been easier to reach compared to Musk as Twitter's algorithm makes it difficult to reach Musk if you don't have good number of followers/previous interactions with the person you are tweeting, then your tweet gets buried deep as even Crypto scammers these days have verified accounts.

Reactions: Matias
Hopefully Andrej's "imminent" isn't his equivalent of Elon's "soon"
😂

So weirdly I have a totally different left B-pillar part number, but the right hand one is the same as what you posted:

APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,LH ASSY(1496707-S0-B)
APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-00-G)

Oh and still stuck on 36.5.1. I’m opted into the beta, but obviously haven’t been pushed any of them yet.

Edit: while I still have time to edit the post, I saw in the spreadsheet that multiple part nos are valid for the B-pillars and the 149… ones have the NFC readers in them. Weird to see them mixed and matched and I assume that the NFC reader is just a dangling wire in my 2017 S?
Interestingly we are getting the 149xxx B pillar cameras on both sides for our S.

you know what. I was on that and accidentally turned on Rainbow road! :mad::eek::oops:
Scroll wheel reboot is the only way I know to stop it or changing it to santa mode or something else I guess.
anyways, shortly after I got a notice for 44.6
my old car had been getting new firmware for a while
Simple trick to stop "rainbow road" is to make it fart... select "emissions" and press on any fart, rainbow road immediately stops

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
I got an answer from Orlando service why they don't do camera replacement with mobile... wait for it... because they don't; and that should clear it up.

Also they moved my appointment out another 2 weeks to 1/12 while making sure to also clear up that if I need to reschedule, to do so AFTER their selected date.

:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_5869.PNG
    IMG_5869.PNG
    566.5 KB · Views: 75
I’ve got this sneaking suspicion that the b pillar cameras many of us got are not HW2.5 cameras… I saw someone mentioned they were getting these as replacements on their Raven S which is a good sign… but the base part number (1092306) suggests HW2 … no longer in the parts catalog to verify…

Installed:
Left: APPLIQUE MS B PLR 1.00 LH ASSY(1092306-00-G)

Right: APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-00-G)
There are several APPLIQUE part # listed on the spreadsheet but only highlighted the one with the NFC reader.
Too many different part # and I don't know which APPLIQUE are RCCB

If anyone know for sure please highlight those cells in green

Reactions: scarelli
Too many different part # and I don't know which APPLIQUE are RCCB

As with all things Tesla, the part numbers for the B PLR APPLIQUE have changed a few times.

The big issue here is that unfortunately, Tesla doesn't sell the B-pillar cameras on their own, they only sell the complete APPLIQUE, with the glass and the camera, (even though the camera can be very very easily unplugged and changed -it's just held by one small silver screw- without the need to replace the complete APPLIQUE that already came with the car). Safe to say, doing it this way would be waaaaay cheaper for Tesla :rolleyes:.

But anyway, it's not the actual APPLIQUE part that matters, its the camera that's inside.
The B-pillar cameras with the RCCB filter have a 1069104-00-D part number. The key thing here is the Rev. D part of the equation. Previous revisions: "B" and "C" of the 1069104-00 cameras, all had the RCCC filters.

s-l1600.jpg

Now the million dollar question is: On which APPLIQUE revision did Tesla started installing the "D" revision cameras with the RCCB filter? 🤔.
The good thing is, there are some users on eBay that are selling the B-pillar cameras on their own, so in case the Service Center messes up the APPLIQUE part number, the Tesla owner can easily buy the camera online and replace it themselves in a few minutes.

What puzzles me even more is, why is Tesla installing B PLR APPLIQUEs with NFC readers on "legacy" vehicles? Non of these vehicles even have the wiring harness required to plug such reader to the car's ECU... I guess it must be a manufacturing simplification process for the vendor of the APPLIQUE, as the new Palladium S and X do need the NFC reader for their key cards, and the parts have the same size, shape and form...

Last edited:
Reactions: Shateam
Although I managed to get a reply from Andrej stating that I'm waiting for FSD Beta after getting camera updates, reality is I'm waiting for the camera invite too(SC cancelled 2 of my ad-hoc appointments requesting camera retrofit).
Waiting for the camera invite sucks... but the constant push to a later date is just as frustrating...
I got my invite originally on 12/1 and scheduled for 12/14 for mobile.
On the morning of the appointment 12/14 they moved it to 12/30.
I changed it to 12/27 last night as it was better for me, and they now moved it to 01/12 telling me NOT to move it to an earlier date than what they select.

• Helpful
Reactions: c0smicdirt