Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 2k or 3k for those who purchased EAP for 5k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll bite for 2k, unless of course we get a tweet that it will be $1,500 followed by a tweet that it will be $1,000 and another tweet it will be free to all purchasers that bought EAP from February 2018 to April of 2018 but $500 from April to July of 2018 and $800 from July to October 2018 but $1,000 rebate from October to December of 2018 and finally 2019 purchases up to February 28 would be free or charged based on how many days before the deadline EAP/FSD was purchased separate or together but not declined.

I hope this is clear to everybody!

Likewise, for 2K I will buy it, but I will wait a few days for everything to settle.

Reactions: rickjames
I'll bite for 2k, unless of course we get a tweet that it will be $1,500 followed by a tweet that it will be $1,000 and another tweet it will be free to all purchasers that bought EAP from February 2018 to April of 2018 but $500 from April to July of 2018 and $800 from July to October 2018 but $1,000 rebate from October to December of 2018 and finally 2019 purchases up to February 28 would be free or charged based on how many days before the deadline EAP/FSD was purchased separate or together but not declined.

I hope this is clear to everybody!

I'd say a couple of weeks is a good time to wait. Once all the forum induced confusion is over. The HW upgrades are worth 2k but I'm sure someone like Fred over at Elektrek or whoever will complain and it will end up being free or something. Who knows. Does not matter.

People can complain and moan about constantly shifting prices all they want but Tesla owes them nothing. Neither does GM, Ford, FCA, etc. Their dealer networks shift prices all the time, it is the nature of the beast. Does it suck? Sure, but only a child or emotionally immature adult would lose sleep or waste energy on it.

This reminds me of all the people on here subtracting the 7500 credit plus your state rebate from the vehicles resale value on top of normal depreciation and mileage. Totally delusional. The used car market dictates price, and used car dealers/resellers have a strong hand in that i.e. KBB, NADA and the multitude of online resellers. To them, my car is worth 2k less than a brand new "2019" loaded Model 3 LR. No factoring of rebates and credits, just a market value. Just another example of how entitled the forum goers usually are, no basis in fact or logic, just emotion.

• Disagree
Reactions: dave999z
I'd say a couple of weeks is a good time to wait. Once all the forum induced confusion is over. The HW upgrades are worth 2k but I'm sure someone like Fred over at Elektrek or whoever will complain and it will end up being free or something. Who knows. Does not matter.

People can complain and moan about constantly shifting prices all they want but Tesla owes them nothing. Neither does GM, Ford, FCA, etc. Their dealer networks shift prices all the time, it is the nature of the beast. Does it suck? Sure, but only a child or emotionally immature adult would lose sleep or waste energy on it.

This reminds me of all the people on here subtracting the 7500 credit plus your state rebate from the vehicles resale value on top of normal depreciation and mileage. Totally delusional. The used car market dictates price, and used car dealers/resellers have a strong hand in that i.e. KBB, NADA and the multitude of online resellers. To them, my car is worth 2k less than a brand new "2019" loaded Model 3 LR. No factoring of rebates and credits, just a market value. Just another example of how entitled the forum goers usually are, no basis in fact or logic, just emotion.
Wow, no comment on how funny my post was? man, I even shot you over the "I'm Rick James B!tch" video, I'm not felling the luv!

Tesla owes them nothing is true, but making your customers feel like they got cheated is never smart. People choose Tesla, they can choose others too. I am a business owner and always strive to take care of my customers. I'd never say "tough, I owe you nothing." If I did I would lose customers real fast.

Tesla owes them nothing is true, but making your customers feel like they got cheated is never smart. People choose Tesla, they can choose others too. I am a business owner and always strive to take care of my customers. I'd never say "tough, I owe you nothing." If I did I would lose customers real fast.

Tesla isn't making anyone feel cheated. That is a self borne response to an event that you perceive to be detrimental to yourself. If you feel you got cheated by a corporation that will exist with or without you and therefore does not base it's decisions on you or care for your opinion then I don't know what to say. Sorry you feel that way? You want a consolation prize? There isn't much else to tell someone that thinks that way.

Tesla isn't making anyone feel cheated. That is a self borne response to an event that you perceive to be detrimental to yourself. If you feel you got cheated by a corporation that will exist with or without you and therefore does not base it's decisions on you or care for your opinion then I don't know what to say. Sorry you feel that way? You want a consolation prize? There isn't much else to tell someone that thinks that way.

Troll much?

I did not say I personally feel that way, but others sure do. Have you seen a lot of other threads and reddit? Or perhaps the replies to Tesla's announcement on Twitter? If people feel like they were given the middle finger then Tesla will likely lose them as future customers. I think Tesla could have handled it a bit better, but I can accept 2k FSD.

Does anyone know if you can (or will be able to) purchase the FSD upgrade at the service center? I have $750 of service credits sitting on my account for my specific delivery journey mess... Would be amazing if I could get FSD for $1,250 after adding my service credits.

If you want to see how confused this company is, try picking up the phone and calling their sales team: 888-518-3752. Ask the following question:

If I purchase the FSD upgrade from EAP being offered on the website for $3K, does it include an upgrade to HW3 when available? I called today and the salesperson I spoke with told me it did not. When I referenced a tweet from Elon in December of last year stating it did, he said he had never heard of that and had no information on it.

• Informative
Reactions: CTreast

People today seem to feel entitled or cheated about a lot of things I’ve noticed.

Why is everyone convinced that an AP2.0 can or will ever be converted to HW3? Seems like it is not obvious to do, Hey it's not even possible to get AP2.0 upgraded to AP2.5/MCU2 (extra camera and different specs on cameras)

Many AP2.0 people will be out of their lease by the time FSD would require the new hardware. Moreover the "new" FSD which clearly got downgraded might be able to "run" on AP2.0.

I do not see Tesla ever replacing AP2.0 with new hardware....think of the logistics!

Why is everyone convinced that an AP2.0 can or will ever be converted to HW3? Seems like it is not obvious to do, Hey it's not even possible to get AP2.0 upgraded to AP2.5/MCU2 (extra camera and different specs on cameras)

Many AP2.0 people will be out of their lease by the time FSD would require the new hardware. Moreover the "new" FSD which clearly got downgraded might be able to "run" on AP2.0.

I do not see Tesla ever replacing AP2.0 with new hardware....think of the logistics!

That maybe the case. Our MS was delivered a few months before 2.5 came out. However many Teslas have been sold with 2.5 and those parts maybe a simple swap out since they probably had things better nailed down in development by that time for what they would need for HW3 and making sure parts were interchangeable. Let’s face it AP1 owners didn’t have a path to AP2, and AP2 could be in the same boat and have a more limited set of features. I do think my Model 3 with AP2.5 will be upgradeable though to HW3.

Right now my Account store for upgrades has FSD upgrade at $3K and saw the tweet by Elon about fixing that price in accounts for EAP owners wanting to upgrade to FSD to $2K so will wait instead of waiting for a credit or such. Even if there’s a wait on other features of FSD I think the sign and traffic light recognition aspect will be a good safety feature to have. Even if driver assistance is required initially. Figure its a second pair of eyes, and will help either avoiding an accident running thru a red light or at least a ticket.

Last edited: