Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a refresh MS or Plaid received 10.4?

Getting these errors as of today on 10.3.1

9E371739-CD93-41A5-A08F-C77C2761C416.jpeg

Same here for no sentry live view which looked quite nice as got 10.4 last night and no notes on my 2019 Model S. I am curious is the pedestrian warning the reason the mode Y and 3 got the sentry live? On the S and X we will likely never get that speaker that can talk to passerby's which while a cool feature I just want to view the car if parked.
Sorry, but I’d like to understand clearly- I have a 2021 Model S Plaid (Sept. 2021 purchase). It has 2021.36.8 , and the Live Stream and Speaker work great on the App in Sentry Mode. Am I to understand that If I get FSD 10.4 (which I’m expecting with my 100% score), that the Live View or Stream and Speaker do Not work? Thank you.

Sorry, but I’d like to understand clearly- I have a 2021 Model S Plaid (Sept. 2021 purchase). It has 2021.36.8 , and the Live Stream and Speaker work great on the App in Sentry Mode. Am I to understand that If I get FSD 10.4 (which I’m expecting with my 100% score), that the Live View or Stream and Speaker do Not work? Thank you.
@CaptUAL Yep, and other stuff, such as certain yoke improvements, etc. For example, the blinkers won't automatically turn off after a lane change, except for on the highway. Being on FSD beta firmware is not all it's cracked up to be...
@WilliamG

@CaptUAL Yep, and other stuff, such as certain yoke improvements, etc. For example, the blinkers won't automatically turn off after a lane change, except for on the highway. Being on FSD beta firmware is not all it's cracked up to be...
@WilliamG
basically if you want the stuff thats in general release don't sign up for FSD beta. Being an FSD beta tester means you're out of the loop for general releases because the priority is FSD testing.
I expected that but it would be good to see that made more obvious.

Spent the entire day with 10.4 today… my first experience with the beta was 10.3 2 weeks ago. Here are my thoughts on 10.4;

-the random phantom braking/slowing down for a second or two seems to have been mostly resolved. It could be that today was not such a sunny day so maybe the car stopped braking at shadows. I did notice that when the car did randomly slow down, it was a much quicker to slow down than before. Prior it would decelerate for anywhere between 1 to 4 seconds. Now these random slow downs seem to be less than a second.
-a very busy intersection by my home would be navigated through perfectly by the car when going straight through it. It would stop and wait for the green light. Today, it stopped at the red light but I noticed it said “waiting for our turn”. This typically only happens at 4 way stops and not intersections where there is a traffic light. Anyway, the car sent this message and proceeded to try to continue through the red light because it thought “it was our turn”. I tried this same intersection three times today and the same thing happened. MAJOR BUG. Never happened on 10.3.1.
-I do notice more slight steering changes/adjustments by beta than I did on 10.3.1. Just minor adjustments with no impact to the actual comfort level of driving.
-sometimes speed limit changes when entering a slower zone seemed to take longer to slow down than previously.

-a very busy intersection by my home would be navigated through perfectly by the car when going straight through it. It would stop and wait for the green light. Today, it stopped at the red light but I noticed it said “waiting for our turn”. This typically only happens at 4 way stops and not intersections where there is a traffic light. Anyway, the car sent this message and proceeded to try to continue through the red light because it thought “it was our turn”. I tried this same intersection three times today and the same thing happened. MAJOR BUG. Never happened on 10.3.1.
In the map its probably a stop sign, rather than traffic signal. Check in Bing/TomTom.

no
tbh more phantom braking
LOTS of issues but not worse than 10.3
BUT it does stop for gate poles now
More phantom braking than on 10.3.1?! We just finished a weekend 1000 mile roundtrip to New Mexico on 10.3.1. I don’t see how it would be possible for 10.4 to have more phantom braking. 😀 My wife is not a fan of the EAP/FSD features. Therefore I did all of the “test” FSD Beta driving and I put her in charge of sending clips from the touchscreen. (I think she probably needs to ice her pointing finger.)

Oddly enough we had many more problems on the open road than on City Streets. I think the all cameras and no radar concept sucks so far. My S with the old cameras will need the cameras upgraded before that car can get FSD Beta. But based on this weekend trip I wonder if all cars need better and/more cameras.