Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD-beta 2023.6.15 rollout speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what does FSD nirvana look like for those with the grayed out FSD Beta and the message "FSD Beta will be available in an upcoming software release"? Is it when 2023.12.10 with FSDb 11.3.6 is installed? That's when the toggle will become active?

A related question: I have 2023.12.9 nagging to be installed from prior to the subscription. Since it will be 2023.12.10, I presume I can safely allow 2023.12.9 (non-FSDb) to update? At the same time, might an non-b update now slow down the push of .10 to my car? (That is, Tesla somehow throttles the update frequency, so if I updated today, the car will wait a minimum period before the next update.)

Thanks.

Reactions: preilly44
Good question I recently installed the .9 release (last week?) and then sign up for FSD today. Not sure if the installation of a non beta release recently has any bearing on beta program acceptance.

I assume there’s nothing I can do now to apply for the beta program. Just wait and it will happen eventually?

Reactions: MrFusion4
This is interesting information. So you were on 2023.6.11 and subscribed to FSD? During this time, I presume "request beta" was not available? And tonight you got 2023.12.10 and was able to request beta 11.3.6? I am trying to get a timeline of your experience.

I am curious to know when the "request beta" option showed up after you subscribed FSD (while on 2023.6.11).

Thanks.

By the way, I am on 2023.6.11 with the car nagging to install 2023.12.9. I have held off waiting for FSDb. I just now subscribed to FSD, but "request beta" is grayed out so I am wondering when it might happen.
I have a new car that I got end of march. There's no "request beta" button any more. The only option mentining it was greyed out and did nothing. Then I was prompted to install the new firmware on the app and it allowed me to enable FSD beta once I got into the car.

I’m surprise that hoping it’s the only way to get into the beta program. Isn’t there a way to apply?

Does Tesla send me the beta update first and then let me apply for the beta program or is it the other way around.

Based on what I've read, Tesla has changed the beta program a few times. You might know about the safety score entry requirements in the past. Based on the recent posts in this thread, it appears that it's a matter of having FSD (buy or subscribe), then wait for the FSDb gods to smile upon you for the update, then FSDb toggle becomes available. So yes, Tesla has to push an update to you with on the FSDb track. There is nothing for you to apply.

Reactions: J-a-x
Updated from 2023.6.11 to 2023.12.5 earlier today (update had been available forever, but was ignoring it), but wasn't finding 2023.12.10 until I went and hung out in my car for like 20 minutes playing with the new steering wheel controls. Installing 2023.12.10 now. Glad my subscription money didn't go to waste. I subscribed 12 days ago and thought I was going to end up being completely screwed.

OMG, my car is downloading the beta update now!

Subscribed to FSD at 7:39 am local, updated to 2023.12.9 at 9am local, just flagged for the 2023.12.10 update and headed home to download and install.

Updated from 2023.6.11 to 2023.12.5 earlier today (update had been available forever, but was ignoring it), but wasn't finding 2023.12.10 until I went and hung out in my car for like 20 minutes playing with the new steering wheel controls. Installing 2023.12.10 now. Glad my subscription money didn't go to waste. I subscribed 12 days ago and thought I was going to end up being completely screwed.

Once 2023.12.10 installs for your guys, please report back if in fact FSDb can then be enabled. Thanks.