Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for legacy Model S/X with MCU1 (2022.8.10.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today on the app I don’t see my safety score and hence no more info about the camera upgrade.

I guess that’s it then.

I did notice this though. What does the (1) mean?

Maybe the (1) stands for new availability?
I checked mine the other day and didn't have this, but after this message (attached) showed up for me today I now show this option. I already have a service appointment on 2/20 so I texted them to see if they could and add the retrofit to the service.

Screenshot_20230117_230143_Tesla.jpg

I got all my camera's upgraded yesterday after the tesla score screen showed camera upgrade is needed for FSD, after upgrade it still shows FSD beta has been requested on the MCU but don't see the tesla safety score in the app anymore any body in the same boat?

I have been requesting cameras since last summer. Had several sc appointments for another issue. Requested cams at least 3 times at two different centers. Even tried it through the upgrade section of the app. They still won’t do it. Hoping to find someone in the ny area that got them done without the invite so I can go to that sc.

I have been requesting cameras since last summer. Had several sc appointments for another issue. Requested cams at least 3 times at two different centers. Even tried it through the upgrade section of the app. They still won’t do it. Hoping to find someone in the ny area that got them done without the invite so I can go to that sc.
You can always try to request a paid camera upgrade, and then go to small claims court to get the money to pay for the upgrade. Tesla doesn't usually show in small claims so it's almost guaranteed you'll get it. No NDAs, just a check from Tesla within a couple weeks. I know this sound like a ton of work but it really depends on how the owner and how much he/she wants FSDb.

I plan to do the same for MCU2 upgrade since it doesn't look like MCU1 is getting much love in the way of FSD-b. I've seen one video of MCU1 running it but for some reason they haven't released it to the masses yet.

Mobile service scheduled. We will see what happens.
My mobile service is scheduled for next week after being push out due for lack of parts.

Interesting I got a message in my inbox today ( Jan 19 ), dated Jan 17, saying that I am eligible for the camera upgrade.

This odyssey might finally be over.

I spent $7040 for “enhanced autopilot” in 2018, and $3000 for FSD Ina gamble 2019. The gamble might yet pay off.

My mobile service is scheduled for next week after being push out due for lack of parts.

Interesting I got a message in my inbox today ( Jan 19 ), dated Jan 17, saying that I am eligible for the camera upgrade.

This odyssey might finally be over.

I spent $7040 for “enhanced autopilot” in 2018, and $3000 for FSD Ina gamble 2019. The gamble might yet pay off.
Same thing. I just saw it today but it said Jan 17th at 6:45 pm.

Just got my camera invite. Since I already got an appt. I messaged my sc and sent them the email. Now they’re going to put them in. Look out and check y’all inboxes.
Good luck with your install! Check your window trim after they're done. They broke mine, replaced it, but did a crap job gluing it back down. Almost came off on the highway.

Also, let us know if you actually get FSDb after the install. Most are still waiting on the software, so the cameras won't do you much good right now.

Reactions: Solar40
Can someone get a high quality video of just the ic so we can see how the fsd render looks.

This is a pretty good video.

Mobile service came out and installed new cameras today.
To note: by default they come with refresh black trim, which they remove and replace with old-style chrome trim. So, you might be able to have them just keep the black trim on (and hand you the chrome trim if you ever want to make them look old again)

Tech did a firmware update at the end of the install, but no FSD yet. I also noticed the “Advanced” setting which downloads updates as soon as they are available was set back to “Standard”

Attachments

• 011F41A2-5043-4DD3-AE5F-E9D20BDFC178.jpeg
    011F41A2-5043-4DD3-AE5F-E9D20BDFC178.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
Reactions: TessieRed and Krash