Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta on 2023.12.* - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The WiFi will be used for steaming when there is no cell service.

For example when you start the car you’ll hear Spotify over WiFi, it will pre buffer the song and I believe the next, and switch to cell as you get out of home WiFi range.

It’s not unheard of to do an interm build and not the latest. Various reasons. Car specific, version of the car, location of car and so much else.

Prior to this current beta build I got there updates in one week which never happens.
Omg i waited since jan now i wake up today and i am getting the 2023.12.10 install after posting last night. I was going to cancel fsd subscription today or not install any new updates. Now things have changed? So does this new 2023.12.10 finally admit me to fsd beta? I am seeing others posting it could be stale beta version. Man this is complicated. To install or not to install? Thoughts?

Omg i waited since jan now i wake up today and i am getting the 2023.12.10 install after posting last night. I was going to cancel fsd subscription today or not install any new updates. Now things have changed? So does this new 2023.12.10 finally admit me to fsd beta? I am seeing others posting it could be stale beta version. Man this is complicated. To install or not to install? Thoughts?
It's Beta. Why wouldnt you install if you want Beta?

2023.12.10 is FSD Beta.
As weird as it is.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.48.32 AM.png

I agree that 11.4 isn't going well and there's a long list of people waiting to get in.

I have 1 car with 11.4.1 and 1 car with 11.3.6...regardless of what Elon said 11.4.1 is a super minor change to 3.4. There are some small improvements to aggression and braking events, but some serious regressions on left turns and unmarked roads.

No one should hold out for 11.4, this will get you in the Beta software track and at some points all of the Betas will merge when the next big release goes wide.

Is it identical, with zero differences from the "older" FSD version?

This really is a weird version... lol.

Not complaining since I'll finally get the new non-FSD features...
No. It's a version to get all of the people waiting into Beta.

The FSD used is 11.3.6 which means it's the exact same used in 2022.45.15. They won't change the version if they didn't change anything to the stack.

No. It's a version to get all of the people waiting into Beta.

The FSD used is 11.3.6 which means it's the exact same used in 2022.45.15. They won't change the version if they didn't change anything to the stack.
I can understand that they will prioritize the people who haven't been able to get FSD beta at all on 2023.x. But you think they won't eventually push all the 2022.45 people up to 2023.12.10 also?

Reactions: JohnB007
I can understand that they will prioritize the people who haven't been able to get FSD beta at all on 2023.x. But you think they won't eventually push all the 2022.45 people up to 2023.12.10 also?
This makes more sense.

They can test the new version against new cars, then eventually push to everyone including 2022.45 FSDs. To me, this sounds like a low risk for Tesla but still benefits existing FSD owners.

I'm not able to update to 2023.12.10. Picked up my (used) car from Tesla last week. It has FSD capability, but I don't have an option to enroll in FSD beta or download the update. It seems like they're only pushing it to a few cars at a time.