Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta on 2023.12.* - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As SOON as the software was installed I was able to use FSD Beta, the toggle was active right away.
I can do you one better. The FSD beta toggle was active on my car right after I paid for the subscription, before the beta software was installed. I'm still on 2023.6.8. I've been ignoring the nags to update (and waiting to get the FSD subscription) until I heard the 2023.12.10 release was widely available. Fingers crossed I will get the update in a few hours.

The warnings I had to agree to said the car will not stop on its own at stop signs or traffic lights.

At some point they will be merged.

It’s harder to test beta and isolate issues if you keep moving the base software.
I hope so. I think what's going on is the beta team starts a release cycle by porting to the most recent version of the main branch. Then as the beta team works on that, the main branch is also being developed. So when the beta is released, it's always behind the main branch.

Reactions: JB47394
I can do you one better. The FSD beta toggle was active on my car right after I paid for the subscription, before the beta software was installed. I'm still on 2023.6.8. I've been ignoring the nags to update (and waiting to get the FSD subscription) until I heard the 2023.12.10 release was widely available. Fingers crossed I will get the update in a few hours.

The warnings I had to agree to said the car will not stop on its own at stop signs or traffic lights.
Oops. In the light of day I see the FSD beta slider is still greyed out. The word "beta" is used all over the AP screen and in the warning agreement. Ha. I've got "beta" just not "FSD beta".

I'm slightly annoyed that for weeks I've been getting nagged daily to update my software and I resisted so I didn't lock myself out of getting the next FSDb release. Now that I payed for FSD and changed my Software Update Preference back to "Advanced" the car has lost all interest in giving me a software update.

Maybe location has something to do with it. I'm in sparsely populated rural New Mexico. Maybe Tesla doesn't need beta testing here which is why they were pushing me to lock myself out of it every time I used the car and are not giving me beta after I payed for FSD. Like many others I will just have to wait and see. Definitely a first world problem.

Oops. In the light of day I see the FSD beta slider is still greyed out. The word "beta" is used all over the AP screen and in the warning agreement. Ha. I've got "beta" just not "FSD beta".

I'm slightly annoyed that for weeks I've been getting nagged daily to update my software and I resisted so I didn't lock myself out of getting the next FSDb release. Now that I payed for FSD and changed my Software Update Preference back to "Advanced" the car has lost all interest in giving me a software update.

Maybe location has something to do with it. I'm in sparsely populated rural New Mexico. Maybe Tesla doesn't need beta testing here which is why they were pushing me to lock myself out of it every time I used the car and are not giving me beta after I payed for FSD. Like many others I will just have to wait and see. Definitely a first world problem.
Are you on 2023.12.10?

Grey doesn't mean you cannot select it. Tesla switch blue options to Grey, if you have the Beta software, you can activate it. There have been multiple owners confused by this in the last 2 days.

If you aren't on Beta software, you have to wait. The request FSD Beta doesn't matter.

Are you on 2023.12.10?

Grey doesn't mean you cannot select it. Tesla switch blue options to Grey, if you have the Beta software, you can activate it. There have been multiple owners confused by this in the last 2 days.

If you aren't on Beta software, you have to wait. The request FSD Beta doesn't matter.
Thanks! I'm still on 2023.6.8.

Many people have reported they got the 2023.12.10 update right after subscribing to FSD. Yesterday Dirty Tesla said some people were getting it right away and others had to wait a few hours. So this seemed like an opportune moment to try to hop on the bus.

I was also encouraged by this thread where several people reported getting it right after subscribing to FSD:
OP here. I pulled the trigger and subscribed for a month. The car upgraded to 2023.12.10 and got FSD beta!

For me it's been the opposite. The car stopped constantly nagging me about updating the software right after I subscribed to FSD. Strange.

Thanks! I'm still on 2023.6.8.

Many people have reported they got the 2023.12.10 update right after subscribing to FSD. Yesterday Dirty Tesla said some people were getting it right away and others had to wait a few hours. So this seemed like an opportune moment to try to hop on the bus.

I was also encouraged by this thread where several people reported getting it right after subscribing to FSD:

For me it's been the opposite. The car stopped constantly nagging me about updating the software right after I subscribed to FSD. Strange.
It's not everyone, though. If 2023.12.9 is available, I'd probably download that as many said they did that first.

While you can't make any definitive determination it kinda looks like a slow down may be happening today. Hopefully we we see a pickup in downloads later today, but as of now 23.12.10 is looking less optimistic.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 1.43.30 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
I subscribed this morning (about 8 hours ago) after seeing they were accepting new folks into the beta. I'm on 2023.12.9 and my car says it's up to date.
Looking at the total deployment numbers on TeslaFi and Teslascope for 2023.12.10, Tesla last pushed it out to new vehicles around noon Pacific yesterday and no more since then. So some people were lucky to subscribe Tuesday morning and get it within a few hours. Tesla might be evaluating how the rollout so far is behaving before pushing to even more, or maybe they could be doing some daily check and additions around the same time each day.

At least for now, your vehicle version should be good to receive the FSD Beta update when Tesla decides to add more.

Looks like the total deployment numbers for 2023.12.10 have jumped up by about 50% in the last hour including those on 2023.6.8 like you. Did you get the update?
Thanks! I went out to the car to check but still no joy. Before I subscribed to FSD the car was constantly nagging me about updates which I ignored. Eventually it stopped sending update notifications to my phone and only notified me with a big box in the center of the touchscreen. Every time I got into the car.

Since @JulienW reported that the beta release had been halted, I've been more at ease about all this. It stopped nagging me about updates because it's waiting for the beta release to become available to me. I'm okay with being in the queue with others. When I seemed to be an outlier I was more concerned.

.....Since @JulienW reported that the beta release had been halted.....
Please don't put words in my mouth but instead quote me. People will read this and be quick to assume I said that when I was VERY carful to NOT say that. I posted earlier today:

"While you can't make any definitive determination it kinda looks like a slow down may be happening today. Hopefully we we see a pickup in downloads later today, but as of now 23.12.10 is looking less optimistic."

Now it looks like 23.12.10 has rolled out to a few more (still low) and we may (or may not) see an uptick tonight. Hell may wake up tomorrow and see 5/25 >1000 or 0 or anywhere in-between.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 5.46.45 PM.png

Finally got fsd beta with a bunch of others yest etc- so i got opportunity to try out city streets fsd- not exactly smooth- most problematic and those chime in if i have something not set correctly- ie you have your fsd set to creep faster than speed limit. So for me on a 65 mph highway im ok doing 75. Now flash to local road with speed limit at 40. At night with lack of street light and winding road i may want to do 30s etc. Deer possibilities etc etc. Fsd tries to get me up to 46mph. Scary. They need to split the % on local roads ie speedsess below 40 vs being on a highway with open road and able to cruise above 65 with ease.
Appreciate thoughts? I guess i could put margin at 0 above speed limit but as i said 40 at night winding road low visibility i would be spinning wheel lower many times and then i guess spinning up on highway.

Reactions: y_naught
Looks like the total deployment numbers for 2023.12.10 have jumped up by about 50% in the last hour including those on 2023.6.8 like you. Did you get the update?
The 2023.12.10 update arrived about an hour ago. It's installing now.

Please don't put words in my mouth but instead quote me. People will read this and be quick to assume I said that when I was VERY carful to NOT say that.
I'm very sorry. I was in a rush out the door when I read your post and I paid most attention to the table. I will try to be more careful in the future. I still feel grateful to you for easing my concern. Sorry I screwed up.

Appreciate thoughts? I guess i could put margin at 0 above speed limit but as i said 40 at night winding road low visibility i would be spinning wheel lower many times and then i guess spinning up on highway.
The spinning wheel nudge is your friend. With time you can recognize the application circumstances and get it dialed in very quickly.