Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Strike Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my strikes reset with 10.69.2, but would like to avoid getting suspended again (I had it from 10/21 to 6/22). When I got my fourth strike, I made sure the FSD Beta switch was disabled in all profiles and made sure nobody was using it. My son took the car on the highway and got a strikeout in a fashion similar to others described above even though the toggle wasn't set to engage FSD Beta anywhere. Has anyone else gotten a strikeout without the FSD Beta switch on in the Autopilot menu? I'd hate to think you can get buggy strikeouts when FSD Beta isn't even enabled.
Yes, you can get a strike even when not using FSD Beta, or having it enabled. The point of the safety score and strike system is to ensure that the FSD Beta user is a safe driver. Failure to use AP as intended shows the driver may not be suitable to test FSD Beta, which is why the strikes still count.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes, you can get a strike even when not using FSD Beta, or having it enabled. The point of the safety score and strike system is to ensure that the FSD Beta user is a safe driver. Failure to use AP as intended shows the driver may not be suitable to test FSD Beta, which is why the strikes still count.
Yep, system working as intended. Definitely good to not have teenagers also using the system, though they do have very fast reactions and have high potential to be safe drivers, other than their partially formed brains.

It’s incredibly difficult to get a strike. You have to keep on trying to use FSD Beta or AP, after it warns you. You just disengage if it is warning you!

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
Yep, system working as intended. Definitely good to not have teenagers also using the system, though they do have very fast reactions and have high potential to be safe drivers, other than their partially formed brains.

It’s incredibly difficult to get a strike. You have to keep on trying to use FSD Beta or AP, after it warns you. You just disengage if it is warning you!
I suspect that it's easy to get a strike if you are using your cellphone while driving.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I suspect that it's easy to get a strike if you are using your cellphone while driving.
Yes, I should have added the condition “if you are driving the car and paying attention.”

I honestly don’t understand how people even get one. (Except for documented and obvious hardware failures, and even then I don’t understand why you would just get one.)

Side note:
My assessment of 10.69.2 is that the torque requirement is similar to 10.12. In 10.69.1.1 they really increased the requirement but it seems to be more normal now. Maybe slightly more strict than 10.12 or looking for something specific now. Not sure. No disengagement issues today though, unlike with 10.69.1.1.

Wanted to add also just because you dont have an alert doesn't mean that you dont have a problem when i started looking at the can data on my model x and noticed timeout messages on sccm..dont know if its the firmware or not ..but its definitely useful info when trying to figure out what's going on with FSD

I honestly don’t understand how people even get one. (Except for documented and obvious hardware failures, and even then I don’t understand why you would just get one.)
I’ve gotten 2 strikes without warning when using the system properly.

I’ve also noticed that the bottom of the screen where the black ‘apply torque’ notice appears in font that’s difficult to read is right at the bottom edge of my glasses if I’m looking straight ahead meaning it’s incredibly easy to miss, especially at night. If I’m focusing on traffic (say I notice a car parked with its hazards on a block ahead and I’m staring intently to notice the exact second a pedestrian starts to come out from behind it) then it’s also quite easy to miss the flashing blue screen.

Yes, I should have added the condition “if you are driving the car and paying attention.”

Side note:
My assessment of 10.69.2 is that the torque requirement is similar to 10.12. In 10.69.1.1 they really increased the requirement but it seems to be more normal now. Maybe slightly more strict than 10.12 or looking for something specific now. Not sure. No disengagement issues today though, unlike with 10.69.1.1.
Thanks for all the feedback and advice! Hopefully 10.69.2 is better at not giving unwarranted strikes. Even though you can still get unwarranted strikes with no warning, I'll certainly be disengaging immediately after hearing a "boop-boop" and probably toggling Autopilot (Autosteer and FSD Beta) off for a few minutes. I wonder if a reboot would also help clear progress toward a strike...

I'll also mention that I got an unwarranted strike with no warning on a street. I was driving late at night and encountered a flashing yellow. For some reason, ever since I got stop-light control, the system still doesn't understand these 90+% of the time. It will come to a complete stop at a flashing yellow if you let it with no way to proceed with the stalk. Anyway, I was paying full attention and applied some force to the accelerator to maintain speed (at the speed limit) to proceed through the flashing yellow. A few seconds later, red hands of death (no warning, no flashing, no beeps). So my advice, disengage Autopilot at all flashing yellows, for now.