Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What these guys are saying, a wide release will increase the chance of an accident or death, given the current state of the software. It requires you to be ultra focused in some situations and be ready to take over.
Most of the YouTube FSD beta guys seem to be quite bad. Average at best. So can’t say the bigger group would be any worse.

Besides, Tesla has much better data of over 2k testers.

Most of the YouTube FSD beta guys seem to be quite bad. Average at best. So can’t say the bigger group would be any worse.

Besides, Tesla has much better data of over 2k testers.
They certainly don't seem like the safest drivers...
I wonder how many miles the 2000 testers have actually used FSD Beta since the "no accidents" claim seems statistically impossible if it's any reasonable amount.

They certainly don't seem like the safest drivers...
I wonder how many miles the 2000 testers have actually used FSD Beta since the "no accidents" claim seems statistically impossible if it's any reasonable amount.
Well - FSD beta + manual interventions could be quite good. We don’t have much data on that - so nobody knows what the expected value for accident rate is.

This tweet is in multiple other threads but it belongs here as well.
Will the FSD newbies be under NDA?
Will there be a new batch of FSD beta videos from new folks with mad video skills?
It's all pretty exciting!

1633615619666.png

Last edited:
For reference Waymo's collision rate in Chandler was 1 per 340k miles with a safety driver.
Most FSD beta testers might be using it for 10 miles or less of city driving a day. Its a lot more easier to concentrate for 10 miles a day than if you are a minimum wage employee working 8 hour shifts.

I don't think 2M miles that 2k fsd beta testers may have put in over the months can be compared to 2M miles a handful of Waymo (or Cruise etc) testers drove working day in and day out.

Still convinced this guy is a troll (possibly TSLAQ!).
"Bicyclist cuts across the street going the wrong direction and #fsdbeta handles it like a champ."
Could have just continued straight with no problem but decides to change lanes to get closer to bicyclist and then brake for no reason after they're no longer in the way.

Still convinced this guy is a troll (possibly TSLAQ!).
"Bicyclist cuts across the street going the wrong direction and #fsdbeta handles it like a champ."
Could have just continued straight with no problem but decides to change lanes to get closer to bicyclist and then brake for no reason after they're no longer in the way.
I've to say all the youtube testers are a LOT more risk tolerant than I'm. I don't think I'll be using FSD beta (until it gets better!) in the kind of dense environment they do.