Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that with the wider Beta rollout there can be several friends (with different models or the same one) who can test FSD Beta on the exact same street at the same time. It will be interesting to see if there are differences in how it drives. Right now I have no hypothesis, just that some drivers say version xx.x is great and others say it's awful. But they are usually in different map areas.

You get the same thing today on the public releases.

Folks with the same car in theory who insist AP, or NoA, or whatever is totally useless garbage and others that use it constantly with great results.

You get the same thing today on the public releases.

Folks with the same car in theory who insist AP, or NoA, or whatever is totally useless garbage and others that use it constantly with great results.
True, but I'm hoping that with side-by-side footage of the exact same street we (The Impartial) shall be able to see for ourselves and determine who is correct. I don't know that we've had dual FSD Beta's running at the same time before.

Remember that Tesla rolled out AP1 in October 2015 to the entire user base all at once, who had never used any sort of automation (short of TACC) in their cars previously. And there were extremely limited nags at that initial release. Yes there were some bad publicity stunts that forced the addition of more nags, but overall there were very few accidents as a result of using AP1 properly.

What makes you think they will be any less aggressive with their FSD rollout, considering the mitigations such as Safety Score they have already put into place?
I wasn’t around for the AP1 release, so I appreciate that information. With that being said, I’m not so sure that the AP1 release is a worthwhile comparator for the current FSD situation. (It very well may be, but I don’t know anything about what level of beta testing had been done with AP1 prior to release, how polished the software may have been, etc.) I hope Tesla isn’t relying on “we did this with AP1 without major issues, so let’s do it again with the FSD beta” logic.

I am anxious to see how things go this weekend and I hope my fears are completely misguided and unrealized.

A typical example of someone who writes as if their speculation is fact.

Lets be clear - its your opinion that the software isn't ready for rapid expansion. Then you speculate Tesla also thinks so.

C'mmon - my kids in elementary school are learning the difference between facts and opinion.
You are absolutely correct - I have no idea what Tesla actually knows; and, my thoughts are solely my opinion. I am merely speculating in much the same fashion and in much the same manner that people frequently do on this forum.

To the extent there are any children reading this (who are younger than EVNow’s kids) who mistakenly relied on my post believing it to be fact, I sincerely apologize for leading you astray. :D;)👍

Certainly hoping to get FSD in an early phase but like many others I suspect Tesla will scale back from 1k new testers per day to something more reasonable at least for the first couple of weeks. I'll be interested to see how FSD handles the first turn from my house using the B pillar camera and the front facing camera. My greatest concern is not FSD software which I'm sure will continue to improve but the forward cameras that require so much creeping. Tesla is usually proven right so I guess I'll remain optimistic but would certainly think improved camera locations would have made FSD software easier to develop.

First picture is taken leaning way forward in the driver seat and I still needed to creep further out before turning. Then got out of my car and took a picture showing how far in the street I was. Note the steep hill (13%) above which is blind to my intersection coming down until your over the hill. My first edge case will be 50 meters from my house :)

Attachments

• 20210906_154527.jpg
    20210906_154527.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210906_154547.jpg
    20210906_154547.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
True. But Chuck obviously felt like there were enough regressions that he experienced on his drives that 10.1 was not ready for wide expansion.
I think that it's interesting that Chuck did a few videos with his daughter as a passenger and he immediately opposed wider release of the FSD beta. I'm speculating that Chuck may have asked his daughter whether she would be comfortable using the FSD beta in its present state. I'm also guessing from her comments in the video that her answer would be no.

I think that it's interesting that Chuck did a few videos with his daughter as a passenger and he immediately opposed wider release of the FSD beta. I'm speculating that Chuck may have asked his daughter whether she would be comfortable using the FSD beta in its present state. I'm also guessing from her comments in the video that her answer would be no.
I love the arrogance that he is totally fine with it but doesn’t feel others can handle it.

Dude was both a commercial airline pilot, and a naval aviator.

It's not like his qualifications to think he might be a safer operator than average is "managed a Cinnabon at the mall"
Truth be told I only worked as a cashier at the Cinnabon but why make it personal

(ok...don't know what cinnabon is but that seemed something funny to say so I hope that is a retail store)

I love the arrogance that he is totally fine with it but doesn’t feel others can handle it.

If you look into the psychology of that its pretty common among humans. That we're often hypocrites where somehow we should be allowed to do something, but not others. I can't say I'm any different. You do not get my chocolate because you just can't handle it, and you probably would savor it anyways. :p

In any case we already know FSD beta won't be released to just any schmuck as you'll have to have a pretty good safety score. Now sure the whole safety score is a complete debacle, but it does show Elon at least wants to pretend to limit the initial release to people who can be trusted. Or at least wants to give the appearance of that.

I don't feel they'll actually release the FSD beta to the safety competition winners in its current form. Instead they'll put limitations on it. I have absolutely nothing to back up this feeling, but I'm sticking with it.

He is not the only one. What these guys are saying, a wide release will increase the chance of an accident or death, given the current state of the software. It requires you to be ultra focused in some situations and be ready to take over. Some can handle and some can't. It is the latter group that will end up in accidents and the media FUD noise will be deafening, and we will be left wondering why did they ever release this to a larger group.

He is not the only one. What these guys are saying, a wide release will increase the chance of an accident or death, given the current state of the software. It requires you to be ultra focused in some situations and be ready to take over. Some can handle and some can't. It is the latter group that will end up in accidents and the media FUD noise will be deafening, and we will be left wondering why did they ever release this to a larger group.

It’s possible the influences are being told to influence since now Elon can say he is listening to feedback from his Testing team and it’s not ready and it needs two weeks.

Reactions: Microterf