Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish he was speaking in American.:eek::D His videos are good and narration sounds nice and descriptive.

Needs to air up a tire.;)
he’s mostly just describing what’s happening. He said he got the update around 7:30 or in the AM. He went on the freeway because people were asking him to show a transition to freeway driving and then back off, and once on he re-routed to a charger. Also talked about how there were fewer cars on the road because tomorrow is Thanksgiving and people were already taking the day off to go home. Later in the vid he said it looked like the Model 3 depicted on the display looks higher res than before.

After exiting the freeway he was just explaining why he was doing videos in Mandarin. He said that he’s seen a lot of other videos on English, and he tweets in English too, but he decided to do his videos in mandarin to open it up to a new audience of people who might not speak English.He’s also asking for people to write in the comments any testing they’d like to see him do. Took over at the end because the chargers were on the second floor of the parking structure.

Can’t read Mandarin, so I have no idea what some of the comments say.
You can see Vincent's reasoning explained in mhan00's response above. I agree that they look like excellent videos with thoughtful narration. Perhaps with our interest he would consider doing an English version as well just as TesLatino does. Would anyone who knows Vincent be willing to ask him?

Video from Vincent showing the car exiting a parking lot into a busy street. He’s basically just describing what the car is doing and when he’s rotating the map he’s showing that the car sees oncoming cars. Car handles it fairly well; a little over cautious at one point which has the car behind him hit the horn briefly, but no worse than a cautious driver would do.

Reactions: n.one.one

Another from Vincent. Only watched a quarter or so of it so far, but he posted it because people were asking him for night drives. Apparently some people were asking if it didn’t work at night or if the display was more unclear at night, and he said that he’s been using it quite a bit at night but just hasn’t been taking videos of it thus far. He’s doing a night vid here because he’s done with Thanksgiving Dinner and has time.

edit - he says he thinks nighttime driving is more viewer friendly since there’s no glare on the screen and the visualizations are easier to see in night mode. Also spends some time describing the difference between NoAP and regular AP after telling viewers that the car will switch from FSDBeta to NoAP once it hits the freeway. Apparently, one of his friends told him that someone was accusing Vincent of faking FSD in his vids, and Vincent said it was funny because he wouldn’t waste his time doing that, and that it’s clear when the car is in FSD because the steering wheel icon will be lit blue. Once he transitions to the freeway and AP takes over, he spends some time talking about the speed limit and how the car will adjust the speed further down the freeway to a faster speed, but he generally manually adjusts it to a faster speed.

When he says “interesting” on the freeway, it isn’t actually anything about FSD, he’s talking about the routing. He thought it would go straight to 405, but apparently it’s going 73 first. During the interchange he explains why it transitions to FSD on interchanges and then back to NoAP on freeways.

and at 13:10, he’s saying that it’s pretty dangerous since the black SUV doesn’t have its rear lights on. He’s saying that he’s having trouble seeing the black car, but he can see it on the visualization.

it’s a little funny that 14:45 he’s saying that in future vids he’ll try to find areas when there are more people around to test FSD, but he can’t do anything in this one since people are at home for Thanksgiving watching tv and stuff. Ironically, he then runs into a traffic jam on the freeway.

Last edited:

Impressive short vid showing the car handling a biker right before the car needs to turn right, and then accelerating very strongly to freeway speeds on an on ramp.
Impressive indeed! In many videos, tweets, and comments since this latest version was released people are using the term 'human like' quite often. I think this is a perfect example of that. As he approaches the biker the car starts to pass but then thinks better of it and just follows. You could easily follow the logic and the process.

Reactions: Electroman
American is not a language
You do SEE I put American in bold (to highlight the pun-ishness of it)?o_O Guess I need to spell it out for you. American is the language and those Brits stole it from us/US and clam it as their own. We know they are wrong since they call the trunk a shoe or is it boot and they named a pickup after an ex-girlfriend of mine.:eek::D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Santa Clarita to JPL in Pasadena, CA - 2020.44.15.3 - 28 Nov 2020 - 36:24 - James Locke
** Note that a huge center section of this video is just AP on expressway and you might want to skip from 9:22 to 33:37. This is overall a very uneventful video. **
Yea, wish people would skip NOA/Highway driving (other than exits or on ramps), Smart Summon and Auto Parking and just concentrate on different and more complex in city/actual FSD Beta driving. Watching someone drive on an Interstate in NOA is just boring.o_O I just want FSD Beta action.:D

One thing I would like to see is more driving on 2 way streets with on street parking making it more like 1½ lanes. When a car comes the other way it becomes a skill of negotiating, yielding and/or aggressing.:eek:

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 6.03.45 AM.png

Last edited: