Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just to be clear that 100% of the time you find yourself in the wrong lane you always move to the next intersection. No exceptions including when your traveling and not familiar with the area roads? And you've never allowed a car in the wrong lane to move over in front of you which would be the courteous thing to do?

Yes, unless there are no cars around me. Like I said, it isn’t a big deal to move on to the next since 90+ percent of the time it’s easy to see a U-turn or a drive around a block would easily get me back on route, and for the rare occasion where that isn’t the case GPS is available for a quick and easy re-route. And it isn’t courteous to stop in your lane to let someone who ****ed up (or who decided they couldn’t be bothered to wait in the long line of cars in the proper lane and decided to jump the line, which is what it often also is instead of a mistake) in, it is being discourteous to everyone behind you who is being forced to wait to accommodate one driver. If there is no one behind me, I’ve let him pass, or if the guy is a true asshole and is forcing himself in then I’ll let him in since I won’t cause an accident. Don’t be a dick to other drivers, turning from the wrong lane on a busy road is being a dick.

Tesla Autopilot FSD Rodeo Drive to Third Street Promenade Raw 1x
Whole Mars Catalog

No irritating electronic music and at normal speed.:D

Also interesting it really "blasts" through a Yellow light early that even I may have hit the brakes for. Don't see red but it had to change within a millisecond.

Another is it has several instances of "rolling stops" at Stop signs. The speedometer never goes below 5MPH at several Stop signs.o_O

Damn FSD Beta is getting so aggressively confident in a near flash in time.:eek:

Makes me wonder if we will eventually get different levels of "assertion" to select for FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
Whole Mars Catalog

Also interesting it really "blasts" through a Yellow light early that even I may have hit the brakes for. Don't see red but it had to change within a millisecond.

Another is it has several instances of "rolling stops" at Stop signs. The speedometer never goes below 5MPH at several Stop signs.o_O

Damn FSD Beta is getting so aggressively confident in a near flash in time.:eek:

Makes me wonder if we will eventually get different levels of "assertion" to select for FSD.

I agree. I’ve gotten more than 1 ticket/pulled over for similar stops. Not ideal.

Whole Mars Catalog

Good observations. Because he doesn't narrate we have no idea whether he's using the accelerator in the situations you mentioned. That's one of the reasons I haven't been posting his videos, especially not the ones that are sped up and set to music.

My 2¢ in another direction. I have always been concerned that one of self driving's Achilles heel was once other drivers "learned" to spot them they would take advantage of a self driving cars. Drives would become more aggressive knowing they could cut off, cut in front, pull out in front of....etc of self driving cars since they would be very passive and extra cautious and never "road rage" back plus always yield. However after seeing Beta 5 I'm starting to reevaluate this thought.:eek:
If Tesla is going to (ever) learn from others behavior - it may even learn to be more aggressive towards Waymo cars and harass them :D

Not ideal unless the car can see 360 for any cop cars :p
I gotta think he is pressing the “gas”, would be very poor form to program a car to break the law on something so simple as coming to a complete stop. However, I have noticed other beta videos in which they call it a “California stop” and then praised it because that is what humans do. Gives me pause.

Whole Mars Catalog

If I roll through a stop sign at 5mph, I’m getting a ticket in my neck of the woods.

I gotta think he is pressing the “gas”, would be very poor form to program a car to break the law on something so simple as coming to a complete stop. However, I have noticed other beta videos in which they call it a “California stop” and then praised it because that is what humans do. Gives me pause.
He has GOT to be pressing the accelerator pedal. No way they'd program in rolling stops. I mean - I could see something like a VERY slight pause but not rolling through at roughly 5mph.

The car does not roll thru stop signs. Plenty of other videos prove this. This guy’s overriding with pedal. He’s clearly putting on a bit of an “FSD show” for the masses.

no, the car does roll through stops, sometimes at 5mph, others at 2mph. Check out 2:06 in this video. It’s unlikely Vincent is pressing the pedal here and the next stop as well.

• Informative