Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advanced summon goes less than 5 mph and isn’t enabled at all on public roads. Worst than can happen on smart summon is a fender bender or curb rash. The consequences of FSD screwing up with an inattentive driver at the helm are several orders of magnitude more serious than if smart summons screws up.
Yea pulling out in front of several cars going 60MPH that are going to T-Bone and kill people is a far different animal than 5MPH fender bender in a parking lot. Bet dollars to donuts that FSD beta will NOT be released to all in the next 2 months.

Reactions: Cmos2000
Well that was several steps backwards IMO. I liked her short narrated videos that had GREAT CONTENT with super narrow roads and tight turns. Driving down a 4 lane road and playing crappy music is not my thing.
Agreed, but she'll get better. When I saw that last night I decided not to post it because it was so bad. I'm glad @mhan00 posted it because I hadn't realized it was Kim. Her Tweets have included many good tests.

Agreed, but she'll get better. When I saw that last night I decided not to post it because it was so bad. I'm glad @mhan00 posted it because I hadn't realized it was Kim. Her Tweets have included many good tests.
Yea, being a critic in a basement (actually in a high rise but...) is EASY PEASY.:Do_O Could be she needs a little frustration break from in city driving:eek:. Hope she gets back to the same type of videos she was posting on Tweeter.

My impressions:
  1. FSD Beta is extremely impressive but nowhere near ready for general release.
  2. 20+ Beta testers is VERY limited, but understandable. No way it goes to Gen Pop without 1,000's of beta testers.
  3. Early adopters will get limited, incremental pieces of FSD in 2021, but a year from now, FSD will still not be 100% released.

There were probably well over 1000 beta testers before the FSD beta test went out.

and how do you know there are only 20+ public beta testers and not hundreds, or over a thousand?

My impressions:
  1. Early adopters will get limited, incremental pieces of FSD in 2021, but a year from now, FSD will still not be 100% released.

Yea this is certainly possible.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
FULL DRIVE 2020.44.15.4 TESLA FSD BETA 6 SACRAMENTO - 33:27 - Brandonee916

2:20 - Brandon disengages, but it looks like it was unnecessary. Very interesting to note that the car displays a U-turn pathing after he goes on a different route than the nav was plotting, which is the first time I think I’ve seen that. I would have been curious to see if the car would have done a U there if the beta was engaged.

3:10 - SUV ahead of Brandon looks like it blew right past a stop sign.

5:15 - car stops on a right turn for no apparent reason.

5:29 - car tries to turn right from the wrong lane.

8:08 - car handles the weird roundabout well.

8:37 - Brandon said the night before the car pulled out in front of another car at the roundabout.

lots of swerving on the road due to leaves.

11:25 - car stops in the middle of an intersection after a stop sign.

12:20 - guy unloading his car makes the cars pathing go crazy.

13:11 - no disengagement, but the car’s pathing to cross an intersection after a stop sign was wonky. Handled the cross traffic and pedestrians well.

16:22 - disengagement as the car starts to accelerate in stopped traffic. Looked like it was trying to pass the bus ahead of it, but it appeared to ignore the traffic next to it.

20:15 - weird pathing at a light that forced a disengagement because the car was confusing and impeding a driver in the adjacent lane. No safety issue, but not proper behavior.

21.25 - mini van driving the wrong way down a one way street. I’m guessing the driver wanted to turn onto the street behind the 3 as the car passed it and decided to be a jerk instead of taking a slightly longer route.

21:49 - iffy left turn. Late getting into the lane, and then it screwed up the end, forcing a disengagement.

23:00 - badly marked lanes forced a few disengagement’s.

28:20 - car swerves back and forth between lanes.

31:20 - intervention on a right turn where the car just stopped for no apparent reason.

32:25 - car again stops in the middle of a right turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: n.one.one
Jesus, I’m getting burned out watching these videos and all the interventions and nerve wracking situations. Can’t be easy on the drivers. It looks to be performing very well in areas like SoCal and SF (but it could also be those drivers not showing all the interventions), but in Sac, Merced, and other areas not so well. I’d be curious to see how well the cars do in each other’s areas to see if there are any differences.

Advanced summon goes less than 5 mph and isn’t enabled at all on public roads. Worst than can happen on smart summon is a fender bender or curb rash. The consequences of FSD screwing up with an inattentive driver at the helm are several orders of magnitude more serious than if smart summons screws up.
I disagree. Smart summon could potentially run into a pedestrian walking through a parking lot and the ability of an "attentive" owner to stop it is significantly less than the ability of an attentive driver IN the car during FSD.

You guys act like folks are going to be reading magazines and eat bon bons while the car does all the work. It's astounding how little responsibility you put on the DRIVER of the CAR! Despite the marketing jargon... FSD is NOT driving the car. The human is.

Yea pulling out in front of several cars going 60MPH that are going to T-Bone and kill people is a far different animal than 5MPH fender bender in a parking lot. Bet dollars to donuts that FSD beta will NOT be released to all in the next 2 months.
LOL! Sheesh.

You guys really think having someone behind the wheel, IN the car is more dangerous than having a car drive autonomously through a parking lot with NO driver in the car?

Let's put this in perspective... JUST because the car has "FSD" the driver isn't going to be paying ANY attention to the fact that the car is barreling through an intersection at 60mph getting ready to T-bone another vehicle???

Please explain to me how this is ANY different than a normal driver in every day situations?

You don't think the fact that the driver is paying attention AND the car is doing its best to navigate is better than relying on a single human being to do the right thing?

Again... there's zero assumption here that the driver isn't in fully control of the vehicle. We aren't talking about people taking naps while the car drives them to work.

I disagree. Smart summon could potentially run into a pedestrian walking through a parking lot and the ability of an "attentive" owner to stop it is significantly less than the ability of an attentive driver IN the car during FSD.

You guys act like folks are going to be reading magazines and eat bon bons while the car does all the work. It's astounding how little responsibility you put on the DRIVER of the CAR! Despite the marketing jargon... FSD is NOT driving the car. The human is.
Running into a pedestrian at less than 5 mph isn’t life threatening. It’s also a lot easier for a pedestrian to walk around and avoid a car slowly stuttering around a parking lot (let’s be real, that’s what smart summon does mostly instead of driving at 5mph straight to its destination). Trying to equate the possible consequences between an accident in smart summon versus an accident in FSD is ridiculous.

having responsible, attentive drivers in charge of the car is fine. That’s why Tesla is doing a limited beta release where they can personally contact these drivers and vet them. If they did a general release, it would open it up to every idiot out there, and it only takes one who decides to watch Harry Potter or play a game on their phone (in an area where the driver had experienced the car driving straight at that spearpoint median before! He had actually complained about it, and yet STILL decided to play on his phone instead of driving at that exact spot) instead of driving and Tesla faces an avalanche of bad press even worse than those two AP fatalities did. Having a small number of beta drivers let’s Tesla control them much better.

Running into a pedestrian at less than 5 mph isn’t life threatening. It’s also a lot easier for a pedestrian to walk around and avoid a car slowly stuttering around a parking lot (let’s be real, that’s what smart summon does mostly instead of driving at 5mph straight to its destination). Trying to equate the possible consequences between an accident in smart summon versus an accident in FSD is ridiculous.

having responsible, attentive drivers in charge of the car is fine. That’s why Tesla is doing a limited beta release where they can personally contact these drivers and vet them. If they did a general release, it would open it up to every idiot out there, and it only takes one who decides to watch Harry Potter or play a game on their phone (in an area where the driver had experienced the car driving straight at that spearpoint median before! He had actually complained about it, and yet STILL decided to play on his phone instead of driving at that exact spot) instead of driving and Tesla faces an avalanche of bad press even worse than those two AP fatalities did. Having a small number of beta drivers let’s Tesla control them much better.
So I assume you are saying that statistics show that autopilot is significantly less safe (or even in absolute terms) than human drivers?

Tesla would strongly disagree.

So I assume you are saying that statistics show that autopilot is significantly less safe (or even in absolute terms) than human drivers?

Tesla would strongly disagree.
This isn’t AP. Tesla has said that. Elon has said that. Elon expressly took the time to warn the beta tester in Silicon Valley to be extremely careful with the beta because it’s two steps forward, one step back. Tesla expressly told the beta testers to assume the beta can and will do the wrong thing at the worst possible time. This is more capable than AP, so more things can and will go wrong. The more people who have it before it’s ready, the more situations they’ll run into that Tesla hasn’t programmed for, and the more likely one of those drivers will be sneezing or kids yelling in the back seat or just get distracted when the car does the exact wrong thing at the exact wrong time and a tragedy occurs that Tesla has a harder time weathering because it’s no longer autopilot, it’s FSDBeta and every media outlet screams at Tesla and the government to strip capabilities from the car. Tesla is rightly limiting this to people they vet and talk to personally so they have tighter control because they know the stakes are so high.