Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD fails to detect children in the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even I, one of the staunchest defenders of Dan O’Dowd’s right to construct contrived special cases (not to be confused with corner cases; these contrived cases would be quite common) to demonstrate the weaknesses of Tesla’s systems, would not go so far as to say that Dan “is probably fine” with the rest of Tesla’s software.

He would 💩 on it, with the least provocation.
Do you have a link for that? Everything I found from DoD talks about his dislike for FSD Beta only.
https://dawnproject.com/

Anyway I didn't say DoD is "probably fine" with the rest of Tesla's software. I said "He's probably fine with software that doesn't hit things."

Do you have a link for that?

No, it is a guess.

the rest of Tesla's software. I said "He's probably fine with software that doesn't hit things."

I know. But the implication was that he would be ok with the Model S performance in NCAP, avoiding pedestrians and whatnot or whatever it did for this test.

But I would assume he would not be ok with that software either.

It’s true his focus is on automated driving software though, which is different than the emergency braking/etc. software covered in these tests.

Anyway I still think he’d be upset about any positive claims. Just a guess.

Another test from D O’D! So exciting.

He and I share an alma mater. Not sure what to think about that but I think it may explain a few things. Eclectic for sure.

Looks like they moved to a private parking lot in response to criticism, or perhaps because it was easiest to make it fail there. Interesting about the speed bump involvement too.

Fortunately these elements will never come together in the real world. Corner case!

Another test from D O’D! So exciting.

He and I share an alma mater. Not sure what to think about that but I think it may explain a few things. Eclectic for sure.

Looks like they moved to a private parking lot in response to criticism, or perhaps because it was easiest to make it fail there. Interesting about the speed bump involvement too.

Fortunately these elements will never come together in the real world. Corner case!
Some go for the certificate, some go for an education D O D O is odiously a certificate holder