Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD fails to detect children in the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said: "AEB is something that you definitely want to work in parking lots!"

I'm just saying it clearly doesn't (nor should it be expected to) in many cases due to minimum speed limits set by manufacturers (including Tesla). That's all.
Sorry, I should have said "AEB is something you definitely want to work in parking lots at least as well as it works during regulatory tests and everywhere else". I should have been more clear.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
General rule like that is to ignore them .. otherwise you only stoke the fire.
But Elon's not ignoring them, he's entirely stoking the fire. Sending a cease & desist letter that, surprise, Dan O'Dowd then leaked to the press. Responding to DOD on Twitter with the message "🦇 💩 crazy". Perhaps if Elon/Tesla had ignored the ads it might have gone away, but the media picked up the story because of what Elon did. Instead of attacking the messenger, just respond properly to Dan O'Dowd's attack ads. If it's misleading then just show us why, in a proper PR response. If it's not misleading, well then Tesla should really fix the tech. We're left wondering if it's bad tech or some angry person with a vendetta against Tesla, but then why is he bothering to do it if it's not bad tech? How can we be sure? Not responding to PR challenges is bad PR.

But Elon's not ignoring them, he's entirely stoking the fire. Sending a cease & desist letter that, surprise, Dan O'Dowd then leaked to the press. Responding to DOD on Twitter with the message "🦇 💩 crazy". Perhaps if Elon/Tesla had ignored the ads it might have gone away, but the media picked up the story because of what Elon did. Instead of attacking the messenger, just respond properly to Dan O'Dowd's attack ads. If it's misleading then just show us why, in a proper PR response. If it's not misleading, well then Tesla should really fix the tech. We're left wondering if it's bad tech or some angry person with a vendetta against Tesla, but then why is he bothering to do it if it's not bad tech? How can we be sure? Not responding to PR challenges is bad PR.
That was from half a month ago and from a Tesla focused media which reports any pretty much anything Tesla related (even small stories). The mainstream pretty much reported about the ad for one day and then people forgot it. From a quick search few reported on the C&D nor Elon's tweet. If Tesla does an official media response this will be dug up all over again.

A new video from our favorite PITA Dan O'Dowd*. "T" for Tesla.

I suppose it's possible they found just the right object that can't be detected in time but the mannequin does get hit on FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 at various combinations of driving speeds and situations. They illuminated the accelerator this time.

*no relation to @Dan D. ;)

Last edited:

I suppose it's possible they found just the right object that can't be detected in time but the mannequin does get hit on FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 at various combinations of driving speeds and situations. They illuminated the accelerator this time.

By right object, do you you mean a fixed legl torso doing a combo moonwalk with Smooth Criminal lean?
SmartSelect_20221105_163334_Firefox.jpg

May be an issue for gliding cross country skiers though...
SmartSelect_20221105_163730_Firefox.jpg

Reactions: drtimhill

Yep. No surprises. FSD Beta will hit people. Just have to get the conditions just right.

Hopefully they’ll be able to resolve this eventually.

As mentioned, occupancy will help. Will it be enough? No idea.

Yep. No surprises. FSD Beta will hit people. Just have to get the conditions just right.

Hopefully they’ll be able to resolve this eventually.

As mentioned, occupancy will help. Will it be enough? No idea.
You mean have a person jump out in the last second in Dans video? Yeah suicide by car, wonder when fsd beta will solve that