Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD is Now $7,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very possible that Tesla will offer a full refund of FSD for older MCU1 cars if they find it too difficult to retrofit them to FSD. It will probably be cheaper for them to refund the money than to upgrade the hardware.

I don't like people starting unfounded rumours. They have a tendency of getting a life on its own and making people nervous. Stop doing that!

It's hilarious they're still saying that city driving is coming this year. Even funnier that some folks here actually believe/hope that will happen.

I half wish they'd keep increasing the price monthly just to see how far they will get away with selling empty promises.

The fact that they increased the price gives me confidence that they will actually deliver what they promise. Why would they add to their liability by increasing the price if they are not 100% confident?

People saying that it is not worth $7000. True for the features that are currently offered. However, don't forget you get all the additional future updates with it. These upgrades doesn't cost you anything extra.

well... if you believe in true FSD on city streets and robotaxis in the next years... go ahead and drop the $7k on a feature currently not released. I'm sure it will be 10x better than the long announced smart summon which doesn't work that well.

typically - and speaking personally - the "only while supplies last" / "limited quantities" / "secure yours now before the price goes up" / 'lock in at this low price" sales approach turns me off and doesn't convince me at all...

technology / software gets cheaper EVERY year - not more expensive. if down the road Tesla charges - let's say - $15k for FSD (which would translate in extremely high margins given HW / Software needs) ... *nothing* keeps VW / Toyota / GM from hiring additional engineers and releasing their FSD version one year later for 1/2 the price... that's how free markets work....

It takes Tesla years to get the cars on the road - capable of registering traffic situations and uploading thes situations to a central server. Then it takes years using data and making it to software capable for FSD. All other OEM can hire engineers all they want but without the data they can do nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Doesn't FSD stand for (FULL SELF DRIVING) ? If Auto Pilot requires your hands to be on the wheel then its not Full Self Driving.

Technically you don't need to put the hand on the steering wheel anymore. They only did it for liability issues as some dumb people got themselves killed while misusing the system when the system wasn't ready yet. Eventually that requirement will go away is my guess.

No. The $7k is for ALL FSD features both available now and all future features:
- NOA (available now)
- Smart Summon (available now)
- Auto Lane Change (available now)
- Auto Park (available now)
- Traffic Light & Stop sign (coming later)
- Automatic Driving in City (coming later)

Not true. I have the original EAP. I already have all of those "available now" features. If I pay $7K for FSD, I get nothing currently.

Tesla originally had all of those features under EAP. Now that they've shuffled many of those features into FSD, they can claim they have FSD features when in reality they haven't added anything truly FSD.

Not true. I have the original EAP. I already have all of those "available now" features. If I pay $7K for FSD, I get nothing currently.

Tesla originally had all of those features under EAP. Now that they've shuffled many of those features into FSD, they can claim they have FSD features when in reality they haven't added anything truly FSD.

I am only talking about people who don't have EAP. They would get those features for $7k.

That is a lot of money for vaporware. When it starts rolling out, I'll then consider buying it. But since the price is moved up to 7k, might as well put that money in the bank or Tesla stocks.

it is only vaporware if you already have EAP. If you just have basic AP, you do get all those extra features. So it is not vaporware if you have basic AP now.

Lets take a brief pause to remember what we were promised in 2016..... We are now a full 3 years later and still waiting:

FSD.jpg

I am still waiting to also see a Super Charger that automatically connects to my car so it can also charge in its route automatically... LOL... Remember we were only waiting on software validation and regulatory approval... Since then they changed hardware to 2.5 and then 3.0 and no one still has anything near to what was promised.

So far Elon always delivered. Not exactly in the timeframe he said but he does deliver at the end.

Really? Tell that to the people waiting for MCU1 -> upgrade to be offered, or FSD people waiting for their invite to the early access program, or for any feature in FSD that isn't part of enhanced autopilot, or air suspension on Model 3 (gross, but hey, some people want it), or people looking forward to the coast-to-coast FSD demo, or any number of the other things that have not been delivered on.

People who actually think the value of their car is going to go up by any substantial amount *IF* FSD ever offers true autonomy are going to be sorely disappointed when it triggers a race to the bottom for robotaxi pricing and it turns out they can't actually make any significant money by whoring out their car for people to ruin.