Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price drop to $3000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just logged into my account and saw FSD is back down to 3k. Not sure how long it will stay at this price. Just a heads up for those that want to upgrade!

Attachments

• 93366954-911A-4BAA-9FFC-78E60F5624E4.png
    93366954-911A-4BAA-9FFC-78E60F5624E4.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 236
the real question is, does this include upgrades to MCU 3.0 if you are on 2.0 or 2.5? And how soon is FSD going to be ready? They are still working on advanced summon, which should be much easier than FSD - so in my estimation it's probably a long ways out.

Reactions: CarbonFree
This is only for upgrades. i.e. you have the freaking car that is capable of taking the hardware update. I think it is nice that they are giving this as an option now, this way folks don't bitch and whine when the price does go up.

So, take it or leave it, but please don't bitch about it for the next 12+ months.

Reactions: KimVerska
Just checked my account and it's listed at $3000 for me as well. Before it was $6000 as many other owners posted above.

Screen Shot.png

July 2018 Build / HW 2.5 with EAP.

Will pull the trigger this weekend, even tho it's "vaporware" atm this will be a good long-term investment to future proof my Tesla and have all the new features that FSD will included and all new updates.

This is just ridiculous. Elon just recently said FSD was so valuable that you should purchase it now if you want it because the price will only go up - and now price is cut in half?!?

Constant flip-flops and changing prices just reeks of a company with no focus and/or desperately trying to raise cash.

On the contrary, this is for EAP owners only. In other words, it's correcting a pricing mistake. Those that got AP for free can upgrade to FSD for $6k, but those who had previously shelled out $5k for EAP were also being asked to pay $6k to get FSD. Now they're being asked for $3k, for a total of $8k.

Still more expensive than the current buyers to get to full FSD. But less egregious.

On the contrary, this is for EAP owners only. In other words, it's correcting a pricing mistake. Those that got AP for free can upgrade to FSD for $6k, but those who had previously shelled out $5k for EAP were also being asked to pay $6k to get FSD. Now they're being asked for $3k, for a total of $8k.

Still more expensive than the current buyers to get to full FSD. But less egregious.
Not only that, but an AP owner who buys FSD gets features now, there's still nothing in the EAP->FSD upgrade that actually adds anything.