Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price drop to $3000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP 2.0 with EAP
(EAP -> FSD at USD $3K)

This means that Tesla's website was finally updated to represent Elon's tweet from a week (or so) ago when he said that EAP owners should be able to upgrade to FSD for $3K less than the AP to FSD price (currently $6K).

Presumably the $3K upgrade price (for EAP owners) will go to $4K in mid-August, if Tesla follow through with the threat to increase the AP->FSD price to $7K at that time.

I'd pay more than $3K if I actually get something for it.

Otherwise, don't see the point of making a donation to Tesla.

At this point, we don't even have parity with the Model 3 when it comes to safety features (lane departure warning, lane keep assist). No reason why this will be different.

I'll wait.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I'd pay more than $3K if I actually get something for it.

Otherwise, don't see the point of making a donation to Tesla.

At this point, we don't even have parity with the Model 3 when it comes to safety features (lane departure warning, lane keep assist). No reason why this will be different.

I'll wait.

I know this is an endless circle of a discussion, but I got EAP on my 3 last year. I upgraded to FSD for the $2k flash sale awhile back.

On the X we bought last month, we received the 'free' base AP. I miss not having NoA, lane changes, autopark, and summon, but I'm not about to drop $6k at this stage. I'd upgrade for $2k in a heartbeat, and likely at $3k, though. Doubt I'll get the chance, but $6k+ is a hard sell when you've already got base AP and true FSD doesn't appear to be imminent.

Reactions: outdoors
But wasn't the regular autopilot option Enhanced Autopilot back in 2018 (when this inventory car was from)?

Was EAP ever a separate option from AP? It's changed so many times that I'm losing track of it now
They changed how AP is purchased, even on older vehicles. If it has AP for $3k, then FSD is $5k. If the car had EAP for $5k, then you'd be able to add FSD for $3k. You can't buy $3k AP and $3k FSD together.

They changed how AP is purchased, even on older vehicles. If it has AP for $3k, then FSD is $5k. If the car had EAP for $5k, then you'd be able to add FSD for $3k. You can't buy $3k AP and $3k FSD together.

Got it. What's the difference between AP and EAP, though? Did they just change the naming scheme at some point?

I mean, I know what AP means right now on new vehicles (it's autosteer with TACC that comes standard with the vehicles) but back then when you had to buy Autopilot, what was the difference between AP and EAP?

Got it. What's the difference between AP and EAP, though? Did they just change the naming scheme at some point?

I mean, I know what AP means right now on new vehicles (it's autosteer with TACC that comes standard with the vehicles) but back then when you had to buy Autopilot, what was the difference between AP and EAP?
Massive difference between AP and EAP. AP is TACC and autosteer, FSD is summon, NOA, automatic lane change, autopark and I'm sure I'm missing something. EAP is everything I listed and there are currently no released features that aren't included in EAP.

There was no AP back then, only EAP.

When Tesla gets the car they can turn it off entirely or switch it to basic AP.

Reactions: outdoors

So if the order sheet on the inventory car has AP for $3k, but the Monroney sticker on the car has EAP for $5k - do you think the $3k price would be honored?

The MVPA doesn’t do or have a line item breakout - only a total price.