Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price increase in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should know by now that $ = £ :)
I doubt any significant update, someone at Tesla has just said increase everyones, and they have. I think once before they then put it back down when someone tweeted Elon. Kinda shocked they put it up when we have such limited features with FSD. I'm sure it will put people off buying it.

You should know by now that $ = £ :)
I doubt any significant update, someone at Tesla has just said increase everyones, and they have. I think once before they then put it back down when someone tweeted Elon. Kinda shocked they put it up when we have such limited features with FSD. I'm sure it will put people off buying it.

I'm quite surprised they increased it to be honest, like i say unless we are about to get a significant update!
With it's current feature set in the UK, it wasn't worth £5800 to me, and so for me the price increase has just confirmed that i'm not going to be buying it any time soon.

Is the increase retrospective. If an order was already placed at £5800 does that stay the same in the final invoice?

They should honour all original pricing unless you change your order, or they change pricing - both will trigger all items to be repriced at then book price, but the latter will give you an option whether to accept new total price or the original price if lower. This can bring in the situation, as it did with early Model 3 orders, where the cost of FSD goes up, but total aggregate order price goes down. You can of course remove FSD at that point if you wish to get an even bigger cost reduction.

eg

FSD increase £1000, base model decrease £1500. You only see £500 of the base model decrease as the FSD increase offsets £1000 of it. If you removed FSD at that point, as well as the £5800 refund, you would also benefit from the full £1500.

Likewise, if you added a tow bar to the order, you would be hit buy both the cost of the tow bar, and the £1000 FSD price increase. An expensive tow bar.

Last edited: