Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD purchasers: When might HW3.0 become available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe so. My S85D had has FUSC for life and the buyer still has it as of today. My S100D had FUSC for me as the current owner and did pass along to the current owner.

Difference being my S85D had it listed on the Monroney sticker and the S100D did not.

Do you think this specifically has to do with the Monroney sticker situation or maybe it's just Tesla changing their practices?

Also isn't it strange that you received a feature but it's not in the sticker? I guess you can make the point it's related to you & your Tesla account and not the car, so it doesn't need to be on the sticker...

Do you think this specifically has to do with the Monroney sticker situation or maybe it's just Tesla changing their practices?

Also isn't it strange that you received a feature but it's not in the sticker? I guess you can make the point it's related to you & your Tesla account and not the car, so it doesn't need to be on the sticker...

I'm pretty sure the Monroney Sticker is just the build list describing the configuration the sticker pricing was based on, not a guarantee the configuration will forever and always remain "as built". For example, I bought a 2016 AP2 S75D from inventory that showed FSD and 75 kWh battery on the Monroney Sticker, but I had them turn off FSD and software lock the battery at 60 kWh, which reduced the purchase price by $8000. The Monroney Sticker never changed, but the car's configuration did.

I seems to me that the seller could make whatever configuration changes they want to make before the car is sold to a second (or later) buyer, as long as the seller described the car accurately in the sales agreement, regardless of how the car is described on the original Monroney...

Reactions: dbldwn02