Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD strikes while STATIONARY, no audible warning (no cabin cam).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per title of the thread, FSD (10.69.2.4) has issued multiple strikes while it is stopped at red traffic lights.

Torque was applied to steering wheel until the car was no longer in motion.

Critically, no audible warning preceded the red wheel of death (FSD strike notice) while the car remained stationary. (2nd time this has happened with 10.69.x)

Absent cabin cam (2017 ModelX) so this is attributable only to the lack of torque on steering wheel entirely during the period the car is completely stationary.

Beware.

Reactions: MTOman
red wheel of death isn't always an FSD strike, probably worth checking to see if you got one. The AP page will show how many you have left.
The applying torque even when waiting at lights etc has been a thing for a while. It will still warn you though.
Basically you can't ignore any warning to apply torque, even if you aren't moving.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
red wheel of death isn't always an FSD strike, probably worth checking to see if you got one. The AP page will show how many you have left.
The applying torque even when waiting at lights etc has been a thing for a while. It will still warn you though.
Basically you can't ignore any warning to apply torque, even if you aren't moving.
Confirmed. Strike applied.
Confirmed. No audible warning.

When did torque while stationary start happening? I haven't experienced it yet - I take my hands off the wheel while at red lights all the time. The moment the light changes, if it hasn't asked for a torque recently, it immediately asks for one as I start moving (even if it's starting a turn). I just apply a very slight resistance to the wheel by having it drag against my fingers during the turn - always satisfies the system. I'm on FSD Beta 69.2.4.

When did torque while stationary start happening? I haven't experienced it yet - I take my hands off the wheel while at red lights all the time. The moment the light changes, if it hasn't asked for a torque recently, it immediately asks for one as I start moving (even if it's starting a turn). I just apply a very slight resistance to the wheel by having it drag against my fingers during the turn - always satisfies the system. I'm on FSD Beta 69.2.4.
Kinda coincidental but this morning mine (69.2.4) required a torque sitting at a red light. At the time I thought it was maybe something different but still passed it off and just not noticing before.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Red wheel isn’t a strike. You may have received a strike, but unless you checked just before and after, I wouldn‘t necessarily attribute then as the time you received the strike, let alone multiple.

The “red take over wheel“ happens with both FSD beta and production AP. It just means take over, whether because of perceived inattentiveness (wheel torque or in car cam) or the environment has changed in a way that the system is giving up trying to safely navigate.

Red wheel isn’t a strike. You may have received a strike, but unless you checked just before and after, I wouldn‘t necessarily attribute then as the time you received the strike, let alone multiple.

The “red take over wheel“ happens with both FSD beta and production AP. It just means take over, whether because of perceived inattentiveness (wheel torque or in car cam) or the environment has changed in a way that the system is giving up trying to safely navigate.
I appreciate you're trying to help. Rest assured the strike happened during the circumstance originally described.