Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD transfer downgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2021 M3P for a 2023 M3P this week and transferred FSD to the new car. I've been in the FSD Beta from nearly the very beginning, and my '21 was on the latest and greatest (11.4.7, iirc). Unfortunately, my new car came with the 2023.26.9 OS, which means I've been downgraded back to 11.3.6. It sucks! I've barely used FSD in the new car because (just like it did before in the old car) 11.3.6 is super fussy about when you can engage FSD. Even on perfectly straight, well marked roads, the steering wheel icon flashes on and off (more often off), and it's a crapshoot whether FSD will work or not.

I tried restarting the car this morning, but it says I'm on the latest software still. Is there any way to get myself back on the "real" beta branch? Or have I lost my spot near the front of the FSD update line?

I traded in my 2021 M3P for a 2023 M3P this week and transferred FSD to the new car. I've been in the FSD Beta from nearly the very beginning, and my '21 was on the latest and greatest (11.4.7, iirc). Unfortunately, my new car came with the 2023.26.9 OS, which means I've been downgraded back to 11.3.6. It sucks! I've barely used FSD in the new car because (just like it did before in the old car) 11.3.6 is super fussy about when you can engage FSD. Even on perfectly straight, well marked roads, the steering wheel icon flashes on and off (more often off), and it's a crapshoot whether FSD will work or not.

I tried restarting the car this morning, but it says I'm on the latest software still. Is there any way to get myself back on the "real" beta branch? Or have I lost my spot near the front of the FSD update line?
2023.32.x should get you back up to 11.4.4 when it rolls out wide, but that appears be as close to the leading edge as you'll get for now.