Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way I look at it, there are 2 types of people when it comes to perceived issues with a product or service.

Those who work to get it resolved, and those who just want to get as many me too's as possible to bolster their insecurity.

Now both types may post here, but the second lot never talk about the resolution, they only talk about the problem.

Tesla is a publicly traded company. SEC filings provide more than enough information to work a problem right up the food chain to someone who is going to listen. I had an issue with Comcast a few years back that they would not fix. But calling the CEO at her home at 7:30pm sure as hell got their attention. And the issue was resolved withing 4 hours.

For those who are having real issues (like that range issue that has been brought up a time or two), It's time to dust off the old testicles and get the issue fixed. Talking in here is not going to achieve that end.

Last edited:
What is EAP supposed to give anyway (I guess that depends on when you bought it).

For everyone who purchased it, EAP includes everything listed except: the City NoA "automatic driving on city streets", Traffic Light / Street Sign recognition and response, and the HW 3.0.

I think his post was accurate, except for "may or may not ever get" - people I think will get some version of L2 city NoA and sign recognition & response, probably relatively soon (a year or whatever). He may have been referring to L3/L4/L5 "promises" - but of course those are not promised at all and there's no guarantee FSD will give you those. Probably would have been better to leave it at "Promises of future features."

Last edited:
What is EAP supposed to give anyway (I guess that depends on when you bought it).

I don't remember City NOA ever being promised for EAP. This is what I expect with FSD in the next year or so.

EAP had lane change and basic summon.

City driving will only be part of FSD.
(Meaning the ability to stop at a street light or stop sign and make turns at intersections)

Last edited:

I don't remember City NOA ever being promised for EAP. This is what I expect with FSD in the next year or so.

Everything available now + enhanced summon if it's ever released = EAP.

City NOA will be an FSD feature I'm sure. Will probably also require HW3, which is going to be super fun to wait for while they inevitably botch the upgrade program.

But calling the CEO at her home at 7:30pm sure as hell got their attention. And the issue was resolved withing 4 hours.

Great idea. Please PM me Elon’s number. The cars on my P3’s display are dancing erratically, which doesn’t inspire confidence in FSD. I’ll call him this evening to get it fixed and expect a SW update in the morning.

Yeah, I understand that is what he said - $3k less. it just makes no sense. Because sure AP -> FSD goes up in value (the price increase has been tied to Enhanced Summon FWIW, after all), but the upgrade EAP -> FSD has not changed at all in value!

That doesn’t make sense. If FSD goes up in value, it goes up in value. If EAP is worth a discount on FSD, there’s no reason that discount would go up in value.

This is misleading because it is incomplete. EAP also has:

Enhanced Summon
Highway NoA
Autopark

Elon Musk on Twitter
So, in other words - the FSD items as it is described now (coming in the next year ones) that have not been delivered are all not part of EAP. Not sure what the confusion and FUD in OP was all about.

ps : Reworded.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibGeek
So, in other words - the FSD items as it is described now (enh summon + in the next year ones) that have not been delivered are all not part of EAP. Not sure what the confusion and FUD in OP was all about.

I’m actually not able to figure out what you are saying here. To be clear, enhanced summon is part of EAP.

Sounds like you are not a Tesla owner.

No FUD. It just is super confusing. The OP had AP not EAP. So he should not have got the email.

There is (at least - there are other FSDs as well) FSD 2018 and FSD 2019. They are different. FSD 2018 is the stuff EAP does not have, plus it MAY be something more than L2. FSD 2019 is the stuff AP does not have. It is definitely L2.

Then there is EAP->FSD 2019 Upgrade ($3k topic here) - which is similar to FSD 2018 in that it is just the stuff EAP does not have - but it is different in that it leaves the owner in the same end stage as FSD 2019 buyers - L2 promised.

AP does not have auto lane change, Autopark, NoA or Enhanced Summon.

Last edited:
So a $3,000 bet that FSD will be realized, with the fact that summon isn’t yet released...? When it’s been promised for how long? Theory versus reality...
Plus who’s to say they won’t drop the price again, next time they (Tesla) needs a cash infusion?
When I see a couple riding in the back seat pass me on the road, I’ll think it may be close...Pass.
I’m just relaying what a Tesla employee told me today.

you don’t have to buy it lol

Will probably also require HW3, which is going to be super fun to wait for while they inevitably botch the upgrade program.
I guess you are the glass is half empty kind ;)

I for one would be super excited when they get the City NOA out and wait my turn for the HW3 upgrade.

(ofcourse, if you invest wisely, that release of City NOA by Tesla should net you enough money to buy a brand new Tesla - /* not an investment advice */)

Reactions: Octo and ibGeek
I guess you are the glass is half empty kind ;)

I for one would be super excited when they get the City NOA out and wait my turn for the HW3 upgrade.

(ofcourse, if you invest wisely, that release of City NOA by Tesla should net you enough money to buy a brand new Tesla - /* not an investment advice */)

Oh I’ll be excited to get it.

I will not be excited to sit around for months (or more) on end waiting to be chosen for the hardware upgrade while a bunch of people who paid for FSD years after me are already using the new features, however.

I used to be an optimist. Now I’m a realist.

Reactions: Deslah and Dmagyar
I will not be excited to sit around for months (or more) on end waiting to be chosen for the hardware upgrade while a bunch of people who paid for FSD years after me are already using the new features, however.
Well, that's a given at this point, right ? People buying new Tesla's today will get City NOA first, since they already have HW3. May be some people will be upgraded to HW3 before City NOA is released, but likely not everyone.

Ofcourse, everyone will get V10 with recognition of stop sign etc. Actual City NOA will probably be released only on HW3.

Well, that's a given at this point, right ? People buying new Tesla's today will get City NOA first, since they already have HW3. May be some people will be upgraded to HW3 before City NOA is released, but likely not everyone

This is why I’ve been saying that they should be starting the upgrades NOW, not waiting for the actual feature releases. I cannot understand the logic behind waiting... unless they aren’t confident in HW3. Making us wait is just a slap in the face.