Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, you aren't getting any discount there, they are just offering you FSD at current retail.

Yes, I understand that. The point was that I was sent an email offering me the discount. I do not have or ever had EAP so why send me this email and make me think I could get a discount?

Bad on Tesla for not getting these types of things straight. They should have a database based on VIN and account that shows who should get this email. They didn't even send a follow up email saying some were sent in error.

Yes, I understand that. The point was that I was sent an email offering me the discount. I do not have or ever had EAP so why send me this email and make me think I could get a discount?

Bad on Tesla for not getting these types of things straight. They should have a database based on VIN and account that shows who should get this email. They didn't even send a follow up email saying some were sent in error.
Please. Every company sends poorly targeted emails. I get offers for mileage bonuses all the time that I don't actually qualify for.

I got the same email saying that as an EAP owner I could pay Tesla $3000 to upgrade to FSD. Trouble is, I gave Tesla $3000 at the time of purchase for FSD (yes it's on my invoice, they have my money, and even in my Tesla profile it says I have FSD), yet they seem to want more money. Weird.

I got the same email saying that as an EAP owner I could pay Tesla $3000 to upgrade to FSD. Trouble is, I gave Tesla $3000 at the time of purchase for FSD (yes it's on my invoice, they have my money, and even in my Tesla profile it says I have FSD), yet they seem to want more money. Weird.
Many companies send poorly targeted emails. Not a big deal. They don't want more money.

Oh, I HATE the click that debits. But I did it anyway.

Talk about economy of communications. I was
grateful to view the generic Thank You page that
said that my Tesla will "automatically update within
3 days". They must send out ninja turtles to install
those new 3.x CPU boards under cover of darkness.

I might hide like on Christmas morning, trying to catch
Santa in the act. Oh, I forgot, he's been accused of
looking wrong at teenage girls, he won't be coming
this year, or next year either.

I paid the $3k. Looking forward to getting whatever comes down the pike. I view FSD as a path rather than a precise destination. Getting a lot out EAP right now and looking forward to the improvement that may come with HW3 etc. I expect it has got to be safer and better to have a computer that is 10x faster can use that for recognition, labeling and response.

I paid the $3k. Looking forward to getting whatever comes down the pike. I view FSD as a path rather than a precise destination. Getting a lot out EAP right now and looking forward to the improvement that may come with HW3 etc. I expect it has got to be safer and better to have a computer that is 10x faster can use that for recognition, labeling and response.

I think it's a lot faster than 10x the speed. Either way, I think it's a fun investment, especially if you believe in Tesla (which I do, despite not agreeing with every decision they make).

Debated all week....
Thank you
1553200771700.jpg

Your Tesla will automatically update within 3 days. Please note that your car will not update while offline, charging or being driven.

To verify Autopilot is active, go to Controls > Settings > Drivers Assistance. Note: You will need to manually turn on Autosteer before use.

For more information on how to operate Autopilot, including warnings and limitations, reference your Owner’s Manual or watch our Autopilot support videos here.

Almost cant' believe I pulled that $3,000 trigger today....just didn't need the remorse I had when I missed the $2,000 upgrade last winter

Looks like we're in another Elon loop, which goes:

1) Elon propose something crazy with an aggressive timeline
2) Everyone jump in and say "this is crazy it'll never work!"
3) Elon faces delays and technical challenges
4) Everyone say "this is proof that it will never happen!"
5) It happened.

If you ask me what's more impossible, building a rocket company to be successful or getting full self driving ready, I would choose the former. Of course FSD is hard, for many concerning reasons, but if it's not hard, it's not worth doing, and not worth believing in. If turns out FSD Lv5 was never achieved, I'd still be happy with FSD Lv 4 and a safer car.

But I completely understand how anyone might feel cheated if a $3000 (or $6000) product never come to fruition. The thought of taking this risk from a promise can be daunting.

Really, you think privatizing something we've been doing since the '50s is harder than something no human has ever done before?

It's impossible to know when an innovative tech is ready, selling it with a promised arrival date is unethical. With that said, I applaud the fools who invest their own money for my future robo chauffeur.

^This!

I just pulled the trigger as well. @MaryAnning3 could not have chosen my words more perfectly! :cool:

I've been saying since day one (March 2016) that I wasn't interested in FSD. That "I" wanted to drive the car. Said the same thing about EAP so I bought the car without it. But a couple of months later I took up Tesla's free offer of trying out EAP. Liked it so I ended up buying it. I've used it most days in my commute (TACC) and on several road trips (NoA). Today my personal checking account received an additional deposit; 1H 2019 MBO payout. Amounted to 2/3 the cost of the FSD upgrade. So I thought, "what the hell", I might as well buy it now before the price goes up. Being able to upgrade to HW3 was the main reason. I expect real self-driving on city streets to be perfected in about a year to 18 months. I can wait for that to happen.

Really, you think privatizing something we've been doing since the '50s is harder than something no human has ever done before?

you choose to see what you want to see, I guess. I don't recall reusable 1st stages ever being done by humanity until SpaceX came along. Rather, it was considered by the space industry a fool's errand to even attempt it.

They use a dart board. They are lazy and incompetent marketers. It is very easy to do this properly, if they can't extract that data in a few minutes they have incompetent people.

you choose to see what you want to see, I guess. I don't recall reusable 1st stages ever being done by humanity until SpaceX came along. Rather, it was considered by the space industry a fool's errand to even attempt it.
Government contractors are not known for innovation in cost cutting. haha.
The point is that vertical landing rockets have been around for a very long time, we landed on the moon 50 years ago with one!
I think the self driving car problem is a far more difficult problem. It hasn't been solved yet despite many companies working on it with a total investment in the tens of billions of dollars.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Debated all week....
Thank you
1553200771700.jpg

Your Tesla will automatically update within 3 days. Please note that your car will not update while offline, charging or being driven.

To verify Autopilot is active, go to Controls > Settings > Drivers Assistance. Note: You will need to manually turn on Autosteer before use.

For more information on how to operate Autopilot, including warnings and limitations, reference your Owner’s Manual or watch our Autopilot support videos here.

Almost cant' believe I pulled that $3,000 trigger today....just didn't need the remorse I had when I missed the $2,000 upgrade last winter

You mean the one with zero emails sent to customers? That's Tesla targeted marketing. They saw how many suckers they could get with no email and raised it to $3k with an email.

As someone has pointed out already, we've landed humans on the moon decades ago. Different challenges are involved I'm sure, but technically it's anything but inconceivable.

Yeah...you'd think that if they wanted to actually sell this thing to people, they could have at least mentioned that it would provide you with upgraded hardware. But they didn't even promise that! (I'm not saying you wouldn't get HW3 - presumably you would...eventually...but they don't even mention it!) Odd, not odd.

ok few hours to get FSD... does it come or not with HW 3.0?