Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it took 9 months to get Carbon Fiber Spoiler... so it might take what, 2-3 years for HW3 .... and only Service Center that install it is in Mars with a $1M ticket from Spacex?

Don’t take my word for it having until tomorrow. It’s ambiguous. Makes sense for the “deal” to end on a Friday though. I really have no idea nor do I care when the offer expires...

Really, you think privatizing something we've been doing since the '50s is harder than something no human has ever done before?

It's impossible to know when an innovative tech is ready, selling it with a promised arrival date is unethical. With that said, I applaud the fools who invest their own money for my future robo chauffeur.

You're right, it's impossible for people like us to know when the innovative tech is ready. I'm stupid when it comes to knowing anything about FSD. I program web apps and games for a living and even after studying about machine learning and neural networks, I've barely scratched the surface. It'd be silly for me to somehow have the knowledge to make a reasonable assumption.

At the same time, I don't want to fall under the fallacy of thinking that I'm above the experts. I'm not go going to go out of my way to deny Tesla's claim solely based on my armchair insight, even though yes, the odds are stacked against them. If Elon failed to deliver on his promise, it won't be the first time he broke his word, but if he succeed, it won't be the first time he achieved the implausible neither.

I haven't paid for FSD yet because I think the tech is pretty far away, but I whole hearty applaud their venture to so, and we're lucky that Tesla is doing this, and we're not stuck with FSD being developed as a $20k add-on for a corporation's fleet of cars. There will be many of us buying FSD for different reasons, to help support the development, to be the first in getting a new toy, to have a safer car, or to have the capability of having a car that can generate revenue, I don't think any reason is better than another. That's another viewpoint I'm not privy to judge.

There are many great reasons to believe that FSD is in our near future, and there are so many sensible reasons to believe we will never get there quickly. The only thing that is for certain, is I don't want to name call others for having a different point of view.

Debated all week....
Thank you
1553200771700.jpg

Your Tesla will automatically update within 3 days. Please note that your car will not update while offline, charging or being driven.

To verify Autopilot is active, go to Controls > Settings > Drivers Assistance. Note: You will need to manually turn on Autosteer before use.

For more information on how to operate Autopilot, including warnings and limitations, reference your Owner’s Manual or watch our Autopilot support videos here.

Almost cant' believe I pulled that $3,000 trigger today....just didn't need the remorse I had when I missed the $2,000 upgrade last winter

^This!

I just pulled the trigger as well. @MaryAnning3 could not have chosen my words more perfectly! :cool:

Just bought as well. I am upset I did not buy back during fire sale for $2K. So now, I decided to buy it. Will price go up? Likely? Will price go down again? Maybe? Will it be free in near future? A possibility.

I'm such a fanboy and gambler. I said I won't buy FSD because it'll never happen on a 1st gen Model 3, but pulled the trigger last night. It's like down in the hole at a blackjack table but keeps on gambling. Hope crowd funding Elon to make FSD happen. I need it.

2 things that I think Telsa will have a difficult time to overcome to make FSD possible.

1) Government approval

Tesla is working towards FSD without federal guidelines. This is very risky because the government might say a manufacturer needs to put in 14 cameras and 4 radars because it needs to have a back up system. They will make up some rules which Tesla will have to redsign the car for next gen cars.

2) Way better AI at predicting instead of reacting

AI doesn''t forecast or plan ahead. Will it see a garage door closing and a moving shadow under a parked car? I can see that and know a dumb neighbor of mine will back up right into me. This almost happened to me the other day. I slowed down so I didn't hit him as he blindly backed into the street cause he couldn't see me due to the parked car.

Also, many times the car can't predict another car wants the gap in front of me. AP will speed up and a car will jump the gap forcing AP to slam the breaks. It's a bad ride experience. All my co-workers hate AP when I demo it. It's an unpleasant ride when the car keeps tapping the break. I bet if you put a full glass of water on your dash you would have a very wet dash in just a few minutes.

Here is a simple everyday situation too. AP can't see past a sharp turn, but from experience I know there is a traffic jam there. I can also take clues from other cars as they slow down in adject lanes. AP will force through at 65-75mph and slams the break at last minute.