Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that a thing? not the wide open sphincter, the VIN? Can't people just walk by your car and take a pic of it? Did I do a bad thing putting it out there?

Help me

Your a nobody, take a hit and relax...

That's not true. I care.
1.png

You can pull name and address information with a VIN though if you have the right tools.

It's crazy in my area otherwise. It will follow the slowest car with MLC. I am not looking at the phone but looking at my watch this way :D :D Maybe that is why it is always zooming
Mine won't reliably stay in the slow lane, even if I turn on MLC. It helps if I scroll the speed cap down below the road speed limit, but even then it just decides to hop over to the left lane sometimes. But when I ask it to using the turn signal stalk, it doesn't always comply which v11 did quite reliably.

But as I've said, overall the lane selection behavior is far better than v11. Many fewer incidents of repeatedly activating the turn signal and starting to change, which certainly baffled and annoyed people behind me.

Mine won't reliably stay in the slow lane, even if I turn on MLC. It helps if I scroll the speed cap down below the road speed limit, but even then it just decides to hop over to the left lane sometimes. But when I ask it to using the turn signal stalk, it doesn't always comply which v11 did quite reliably.

But as I've said, overall the lane selection behavior is far better than v11. Many fewer incidents of repeatedly activating the turn signal and starting to change, which certainly baffled and annoyed people behind me.
I've got nothing to complain about with V12 after dealing with all the prior versions for years.

Reactions: JHCCAZ

The big improvement with V12 is that it stops when the light is Orange and does not go on Red light for me. A crazy driver got mad because my car slowed for orange and stopped on Red that the car almost clipped me and took off when it was Red. Of course, it still does not slow down when a cop car is there or for our speed cameras unless I go exactly at the posted speed.

I did experience an outstanding human-like behavior yesterday, one that I always wanted to see but didn't believe would really happen.

My car was slowing in a queue for a red light up ahead, passing the parking lot of a big Fry's Food store. There was a pickup waiting to turn right onto the road, and the timing was such that it was easy and helpful for me to slow early and let him in before the queue closed up and blocked him.

v11 would never pay attention to any of that, and sometimes I would tap the brake and try to leave a disengagement voice message about stopping to allow another car to enter the road. But in this case, v12 did it perfectly all by itself, slowing but not stopping, then resuming its coast just right behind the pickup (which actually then moved over to cross the left lane and get into the left turn lane before the light). It was all very smooth.

And to be clear, this didn't happen because the pickup was being aggressive and forcing my car to stop. He was just sitting there behind the road edge of the right turn lane, but clearly waiting and probably hoping someone would allow him to go. Definitely the NN learning etiquette from all the video clips.

I did experience an outstanding human-like behavior yesterday, one that I always wanted to see but didn't believe would really happen.

My car was slowing in a queue for a red light up ahead, passing the parking lot of a big Fry's Food store. There was a pickup waiting to turn right onto the road, and the timing was such that it was easy and helpful for me to slow early and let him in before the queue closed up and blocked him.

v11 would never pay attention to any of that, and sometimes I would tap the brake and try to leave a disengagement voice message about stopping to allow another car to enter the road. But in this case, v12 did it perfectly all by itself, slowing but not stopping, then resuming its coast just right behind the pickup (which actually then moved over to cross the left lane and get into the left turn lane before the light). It was all very smooth.

And to be clear, this didn't happen because the pickup was being aggressive and forcing my car to stop. He was just sitting there behind the road edge of the right turn lane, but clearly waiting and probably hoping someone would allow him to go. Definitely the NN learning etiquette from all the video clips.
same happened to me the MY made a gesture to let someone in and it worked

same happened to me the MY made a gesture to let someone in and it worked
I made a gesture to a hot chick the other day, it didn't work.
Turns out the way I moved my hand was about 3 millimeters too much to the left, instead of more upright. So she took it as "move along ", instead of "Hey, let's talk"
Come to think of it, maybe my hand was moving too fast, or too slow.
Or the speed of the gesture wasn't perfect.. oh well, better luck next time

• Funny
Reactions: JHCCAZ