Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way I can report to Tesla of a closed road that FSD tries to turn into? Like right now not when I’m in the car
When it starts to do the bad move, hit the brake to disengage and then when you see the What Happened message, just press the right scroll wheel and say that it attempted to turn into a road that no longer exists.

I did experience an outstanding human-like behavior yesterday, one that I always wanted to see but didn't believe would really happen.

My car was slowing in a queue for a red light up ahead, passing the parking lot of a big Fry's Food store. There was a pickup waiting to turn right onto the road, and the timing was such that it was easy and helpful for me to slow early and let him in before the queue closed up and blocked him.

v11 would never pay attention to any of that, and sometimes I would tap the brake and try to leave a disengagement voice message about stopping to allow another car to enter the road. But in this case, v12 did it perfectly all by itself, slowing but not stopping, then resuming its coast just right behind the pickup (which actually then moved over to cross the left lane and get into the left turn lane before the light). It was all very smooth.

And to be clear, this didn't happen because the pickup was being aggressive and forcing my car to stop. He was just sitting there behind the road edge of the right turn lane, but clearly waiting and probably hoping someone would allow him to go. Definitely the NN learning etiquette from all the video clips.
FSD v12 is nicer than some Tesla owners without FSD. Today my car wanted to change lane to exit freeway but another Tesla owner just moved up and did not leave any gap for my car. I had to disengage and manually change lane to avoid missing the exit.

Is there any way I can report to Tesla of a closed road that FSD tries to turn into? Like right now not when I’m in the car
You can try emailing Tesla at [email protected]
The general opinion is this is a black hole but I have sent emails to them. I don't believe anyone has ever reported Tesla acknowledged their email.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
What? I thought this update just came out a week ago
Btw, you don’t know this, but you broke the record for the most times I put someone on ignore, then unignore, then ignore, then unignore, etc. Like 10 times now!!
I think your picture gives me Vertigo...

Edit: currently you are not being ignored....that could change..

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JHCCAZ
I paid for FSD years ago. Good money which could have been used to buy TSLA stock and would have made some nice gains. Yet, I believed in the mission only to see people who haven’t paid a dime for FSD, who also drive nuch cheaper cars than ours, get to enjoy FSD supervised way ahead of us. This is frustrating and not good. I feel left behind. Btw I even upgraded to MCU2 in order to have a faster and better experience. Tesla is just flipping the bird at us..

I paid for FSD years ago. Good money which could have been used to buy TSLA stock and would have made some nice gains. Yet, I believed in the mission only to see people who haven’t paid a dime for FSD, who also drive nuch cheaper cars than ours, get to enjoy FSD supervised way ahead of us. This is frustrating and not good. I feel left behind. Btw I even upgraded to MCU2 in order to have a faster and better experience. Tesla is just flipping the bird at us..
Is it safe to assume you didn't get V12 in Canada yet?

I think one area that is a true regression in 12.3.3 is yellow light handling. Almost always tried to stop including with really hard braking. For me it's actually almost the only time it slams the brake nowadays.
12.3.2.1 did the same to me twice today. One time I was seriously afraid of getting rear-ended (in a left turn lane, the car ahead had just cleared, and there were others following closely), and both times were hard enough that packages on the back seat landed on the floor.

Reactions: JB47394
Were you in ASSO mode?

Investigate the impact of ASSO driving profile settings chill/mod/assert on offset value when on v11 stack. May need to disengage reengage.

Haven’t been on freeways enough so no idea.

@arnolddeleon probably knows the percentages.

No idea if there is also spillover into manual offsets on v11 stack.
I don't remember the offset percentage/amounts from previous drives. We did a kitten transport drive, so I got some freeway driving in today, it was 10% for "average". (72 in a 65 zone). The conditions weren't conducive to running experiments to get the other values. The offset only gets set when you activate (below the speed limit) or there is a speed limit change.

There he goes again….

IMG_1100.png

I’m starting to see some reports of FSD from the media and others that have never tried it before. They all focus on the mistakes the system made like nearly stopping for no reason and running a red light. Those of us who experienced V11 are delighted at the improvement but to others the only thing they have to compare it to is 100% human driving and FSD doesn’t live up to that standard yet. It’s a shame Musk couldn’t have waited a little longer, when the system is more polished. I’m concerned that FSD will get an undeserved negative reputation.