Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD: What’s next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends,

Every so often this question is raised, but I haven’t seen it since the official release of ‘response to stop signs/stop lights’ — what will the next project be for FSD? (I’m talking fun, eye catching project; not bug fixes projects because obv. these features still need work)

They’ve been saying for a long time now that autosteer/driving “on city streets” will be later this year/next. However, I’ve never seen the ‘coming soon/later this year’ category empty before. So, now that stop signs/lights have been released on FSD and city driving is arriving (somewhat, maybe, not really) soon.. then what is next? What can I get excited about next that I will have to wait 18 months for?!

*to note, I actually do love my FSD. Feel free to get any frustrations and disappointment out if need be in this post, but cards on table: I’m a fan. ‍♂️

For FSD to be fully implemented we need:

1. Ability to turn left or right at an intersection.
  2. No user interaction needed for stop lights.
  3. Handle roundabouts.
    1. With 1, 2 and 3 we should have full city driving.
  4. Reverse Summon.

What order we get those in and when we get them is anyone's guess.

For FSD to be fully implemented we need:

1. Ability to turn left or right at an intersection.
  2. No user interaction needed for stop lights.
  3. Handle roundabouts.
    1. With 1, 2 and 3 we should have full city driving.
  4. Reverse Summon.

What order we get those in and when we get them is anyone's guess.

With 1, 2, and 3 you will probably get extremely limited driving in the most vanilla of city intersections... most likely in modern suburban cities. Around here with all the elevation change and patchwork of infrastructure, many intersections look beyond the capability of the best Tesla neural net. Time will tell.

With 1, 2, and 3 you will probably get extremely limited driving in the most vanilla of city intersections... most likely in modern suburban cities. Around here with all the elevation change and patchwork of infrastructure, many intersections look beyond the capability of the best Tesla neural net. Time will tell.
Yeah, I have hope in Elon delivering his vision of what he believes FSD to be but don't have a lot of confidence based on where the tech is today. As you say, time will tell. For now I just enjoy driving the car as often as I can.