Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funk hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there's only 1 shipping option, I didn't pay extra for fast shipping anyway.

That's the 3rd package from Model 3/Y store I've received, all deliveries were dispatched next day and arrived with 2 weeks. Quite impressive given the current climate.
t
Don't think this link works on mobile so please access via desktop instead, they have a good catalogue of accessories available:

Sign In | AliExpress Mobile

I'm getting allergic to doing business directly with Chinese retailers, been burned a couple of times.

I got my frunk hooks from Torque Alliance in the Netherlands www.torque-alliance.com. No HMRC/Royal Mail tithes to pay and they came really fast - just a couple of days after order via DHL.

€19 was more than the OEM price but a spanner for installation was included. No sweat getting them installed in minutes. Didn't need the manual :)

Attachments

• frunkhook.jpg
    frunkhook.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 68
On the flip side, I refuse to buy Torque Alliance's ones because there's obviously a massive markup on them. They're probably getting exactly the same ones off Aliexpress anyway, and if buying in bulk are probably getting them for even less than us mere consumers.

Added to which, it's not just €19.80, there's another €8.50 on top of that for shipping, making it €28.30 which is just ridiculous.

What other stuff did you get? :) Seems like they do loads of different things!

#Aliexpress £9.01 | LUCKEASY car water cup slot slip limit clip For Tesla model 3 2017-2019 ABS Car cup holder limiter
US $10.9 |LUCKEASY car water cup slot slip limit clip For Tesla model 3 2017 2019 ABS Car cup holder limiter|Drinks Holders| | - AliExpress

#Aliexpress £13.96 | LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set
US $16.9 |LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| | - AliExpress

#Aliexpress £13.14 | LUCKEASY Car Foot Pedal Pads Covers for Tesla Model 3 Non Slip Performance Foot Pedal Pads Auto Aluminum Pedal Covers
US $15.9 |LUCKEASY Car Foot Pedal Pads Covers for Tesla Model 3 Non Slip Performance Foot Pedal Pads Auto Aluminum Pedal Covers|Pedals| | - AliExpress

It's all been good quality and importantly they actually seem to have stock ready to ship unlike my current nemesis @TapTes whom after 3 months still haven't managed to complete my order!

Reactions: Durzel
I'm getting allergic to doing business directly with Chinese retailers, been burned a couple of times.

I got my frunk hooks from Torque Alliance in the Netherlands www.torque-alliance.com. No HMRC/Royal Mail tithes to pay and they came really fast - just a couple of days after order via DHL.

€19 was more than the OEM price but a spanner for installation was included. No sweat getting them installed in minutes. Didn't need the manual :)
I've had great experiences with this particular outlet, less so with others.

Never had to pay import fees or taxes on anything from China though, even items over £100 in value. Luck of the draw I guess though.

Agree with Durzel though, Torque Alliances shipping fees for smaller purchases have always deterred me from buying there.

Reactions: M3noob
On the flip side, I refuse to buy Torque Alliance's ones because there's obviously a massive markup on them. They're probably getting exactly the same ones off Aliexpress anyway, and if buying in bulk are probably getting them for even less than us mere consumers.

Added to which, it's not just €19.80, there's another €8.50 on top of that for shipping, making it €28.30 which is just ridiculous.

I've had great experiences with this particular outlet, less so with others.

Never had to pay import fees or taxes on anything from China though, even items over £100 in value. Luck of the draw I guess though.

Agree with Durzel though, Torque Alliances shipping fees for smaller purchases have always deterred me from buying there.

Hey gents, good to see our name here around :)

I do agree the shipping cost is a bit of pain for small orders, as we always use PostNL / DHL for fast shipping, actually we are paying more than 11 euros per parcel to UK even it's only a small one...and we don't include shipping cost in the price.

About the price for the frunk hooks, we are trying our best to get cheaper ones from other suppliers, our current supplier is clearly raising the price due to the popularity of this product ("thanks" to Tesla
clip_image001.png
:mad:), once we get lucky we will definitely adjust the price accordingly.

Again we cannot beat Amazon or AliExpress when it comes to price, but with us you are paying for A-class customer service and quick delivery, and no need to worry about customs, we are trying our best to introduce 5-10 new products per month with affordable prices, especially for RHD cars.

:p:p
Nice of you to reply, especially given the somewhat negative feedback. Hope there will be an opportunity to buy something more substantial in the future from you.
Hi Durzel, thanks. Earning money was not the initial drive when I started this business. I am a big fans of Tesla and was amount the first reservers, after waiting for more than 2 years for my model 3, I found its quite difficult to find a good retailer in Europe, so I ordered all the accessories I could find from Hongkong, Taiwan, China and North America, came across some bad quality ones I think it’s a good and fun thing to do to retail the good quality ones I’ve found, so Tesla owners around Europe could save their time and energy by ordering at one place, and of course I can also earn some vacation money, win-win :p
If you need something you couldn’t find easily, you can let me know, probably I can help you to order from our suppliers, I will be transparant about the cost:)

Hey gents, good to see our name here around :)

I do agree the shipping cost is a bit of pain for small orders, as we always use PostNL / DHL for fast shipping, actually we are paying more than 11 euros per parcel to UK even it's only a small one...and we don't include shipping cost in the price.

I get this complaint all the time in my business (www.modelrockets.co.uk) but couriers are best for speed and reliability. Life is too short to chase stuff delayed in the post or (gulp) lost. Besides, it's not legal to use the post for some of our items, too. We use DHL, too. We've tried them all. For the stuff we ship, they are heads above the rest.

Just ordered some from Torque Alliance. They have an offer on reducing the cost by €5, although the shipping is still expensive.
There are 3 suppliers now who can provide this item, though we used air freight the cost is now much lower, with sea freight the price could be less than 10 euros soon for small items maybe eBay or Amazon is more cost efficient, for large items like floor mats or spoilers we could be interesting with free shipping and good customer service