Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny thing happened the other day...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Okay, so this happened a few weeks ago but I forgot about it. I was stopped at red light and noticed a large Ford pickup truck pulling up to the right of me in the right turn lane. He slowed down and started staring. I was nervous because he seemed like he could be the "rolling coal" type. But instead he just flashed me a thumbs up and drove off. I guess not all pickup truck drivers are douchebags?

Okay, so this happened a few weeks ago but I forgot about it. I was stopped at red light and noticed a large Ford pickup truck pulling up to the right of me in the right turn lane. He slowed down and started staring. I was nervous because he seemed like he could be the "rolling coal" type. But instead he just flashed me a thumbs up and drove off. I guess not all pickup truck drivers are douchebags?
Just like any other large group, most of them are perfectly fine, and a few of them are a-holes (not counting Nazis, etc...).

Most of the pickup drivers I know drive them because they need the large amount of cargo space or towing capacity. Many of them would love an EV truck if they were available.

Reactions: hydro 481

No, not all pickup truck drivers are douchebags.

I had just stopped at a convenient store for coffee a few weeks ago and had something like this happen. Right after I pulled in I saw a large F350 dually swing in and stop. The guy jumped out and went right to where I was. I was thinking here we go.... He wanted to talk cars and see how I liked my Model 3! I met a huge car enthusiast that lives right up the road from me. He has some pretty interesting cars in the garage that I'll have to go see at some point. He really likes Tesla's, it's just the EV tech is outside his comfort zone and he wanted to learn more about it. Not all pick up drivers are against EV's. I had a large lifted diesel truck myself at one point, fun truck, just wasn't very practical.

As most of my commute, both ways, is in heavy traffic, the issue that I encounter frequently are the trucks that want to stay just a couple feet off my rear....and they ride there for miles. It's troubling but, I usually say bye-bye once traffic opens up, leaving them 300ft behind within a second or 2.:rolleyes:

I had just stopped at a convenient store for coffee a few weeks ago and had something like this happen. Right after I pulled in I saw a large F350 dually swing in and stop. The guy jumped out and went right to where I was. I was thinking here we go.... He wanted to talk cars and see how I liked my Model 3! I met a huge car enthusiast that lives right up the road from me. He has some pretty interesting cars in the garage that I'll have to go see at some point. He really likes Tesla's, it's just the EV tech is outside his comfort zone and he wanted to learn more about it. Not all pick up drivers are against EV's. I had a large lifted diesel truck myself at one point, fun truck, just wasn't very practical.
Maybe it's part of his plan to lure you into his garage so he could do heinous and unspeakable things to you.

Seriously though, I know not all pickup truck drivers are jerks. I never intended it to come across that way. I mean, I've had some unpleasant experiences like getting coal rolled, but if I let that skew my opinion of all truck drivers, then I'm no better than those Anti-Tesla people.

As most of my commute, both ways, is in heavy traffic, the issue that I encounter frequently are the trucks that want to stay just a couple feet off my rear....and they ride there for miles. It's troubling but, I usually say bye-bye once traffic opens up, leaving them 300ft behind within a second or 2.:rolleyes:
Careful or they might try to run you off the road like this guy Tesla Model 3 brushes off hit-and-run from Ford F-350, identifies culprit with dashcam footage

Having driven through very red, very rural parts of America in an M3... I found that the most unexpected (to me) people are interested and eager to learn more about EVs - Teslas in particular. I loved feeling surprised/encouraged by the types of folks asking me questions - folks driving pick ups and wearing MAGA hats. I answered all of them and even showed them the frunk! Easy crowd pleaser.

They're just drafting to save some fuel, no harm in that!