Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FUSC transfer till the end of year (2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, who's in for this Tesla Supercharging Transfer program?

Not me. Keeping my 2012 P85 #2446.. Just paid five figures for a new 2022 built replacement pack last year. Love the non auto pilot, sunroof, large frunk, air suspension, studio sound package, etc.
🙂

Oh, front Adaptive Front Lighting System is cool - extra side lights come on when you turn the wheel or set the turn indicator.

326919911_3023651561272559_3002237009666738365_n.jpg

I have it currently on my S. I would love to keep it, and it’s been very handy over the years. Emotionally I think it’s awesome and don’t want to ever lose it, but the logical side of me does the math and for me at least it just hasn’t really saved me that much money over the years.
2 maybe 3 road trips a year for 5 years……I would estimate 1,000 bucks saved. Maybe not even that.
Not making a case either way really just thinking out loud for my situation.

For me, 6.5 years with only 1 road trip and some local charges saved me less than 1k, unless someone use it all the time, it’s not really that critical. On the other hand, shelling out $$$ for a new car for the sake of transferring FUSC is not a wise decision. The older S really doesn’t hold much value in the used market, Tesla quoted me 19k+, others are 22-23k+, I have FSD, upgraded MCU and only 60k miles. The car still runs and looks great, I don’t see new S,X,Y offers me significant upgrades. it may be good for someone else if it make sense for the.

Reactions: quickstrike12
To say FUSC has been an awesome benefit for us would be an understatement. Our current Model S will be near 250,000 miles by the end of the year. We were really tempted the last time but we are keeping this one. This is a much better deal for us. Now we’re getting close to to the 24 vin’s. We will probably roll the dice on that. We have an exceptional SA to help make that happen.

We have Model S demo for the weekend and it’s making the order finger really twitchy :)

@NV Ray
i like the thought of someday maybe buying a new battery instead of buying a new car. I have taken great care of my car and it still looks and drives like new. If someday I need a battery to get many more great years from it, I would easily pay for it.
still seems way cheaper than buying another 80,000 car. Warranty or not.
That's what I chose to do last Fall, a year ago. New (not reman) pack from Tesla for $20k (that includes taxes and labor). Now I'm back up to original EPA rated range and faster (130ish kW max, 50ish kW min) charging speeds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can transfer the FUSC SCO1 from my P85D onto a new Plaid and have a Plaid with FUSC forever? Seriously?

Crappy that I would lose USS since you'd have to buy brand new but I could foresee incredible resale value down the road. Imagine a low mileage Plaid with SCO1 FUSC for sale. Perhaps the long range version is the better candidate?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can transfer the FUSC SCO1 from my P85D onto a new Plaid and have a Plaid with FUSC forever? Seriously?

Crappy that I would lose USS since you'd have to buy brand new but I could foresee incredible resale value down the road. Imagine a low mileage Plaid with SCO1 FUSC for sale. Perhaps the long range version is the better candidate?
FUSC only good on new car for original owner, not transferable. Also, not stated, but suspect this new offer does not include free unlimited connectivity transfer.

This is a great deal for my situation and I will be looking into it. Toughest part will be letting go of my beloved 85D but I can't ignore the fact that it is 8 years old and has 185k miles on it. With a 20k+ mile/year commute, hitting reset with a new FUSC Model Y is too hard to pass up.

As in the original owner? Meaning it's only good for 1-owner cars? I'm not the first owner of my P85D so I guess I'm outta luck. :(
If you currently have FUSC on your P85D and you sell to another private party, then FUSC will stay with that P85D to the new owner.

If you do this transfer offer with Tesla and say buy a new Model Y from Tesla, Tesla will take away FUSC from the P85D and transfer to your new Model Y. The Model Y would have FUSC (but no free connectivity) as long as you owned it. If you sold your Model Y in the future then Tesla will take away FUSC.

Last edited:
@gillmj24 @NV Ray Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't code SC02 or SC03 like this where the FUSC would remain with the owner for the current car but as soon as the car was sold, the FUSC would go bye-bye for everyone.

Tesla is working all the angles to get true-FUSC cars off the roads. So with this approach, Tesla sells a brand new car and forces the new owner to keep the car forever if they value FUSC. There would be no reselling the car with FUSC on the open market. Pretty clever in my opinion.

I guess FUSC stays with my P85D.

@gillmj24 @NV Ray Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't code SC02 or SC03 like this where the FUSC would remain with the owner for the current car but as soon as the car was sold, the FUSC would go bye-bye for everyone.

Tesla is working all the angles to get true-FUSC cars off the roads. So with this approach, Tesla sells a brand new car and forces the new owner to keep the car forever if they value FUSC. There would be no reselling the car with FUSC on the open market. Pretty clever in my opinion.

I guess FUSC stays with my P85D.
This recent article cites Tesla spending $20 million/year to support owners on free supercharging. Tesla tries to boost sales by offering free Supercharging transfers to new orders

As an owner with FUSC and looking to take multiple SC-required trips the next couple of years but the S is out-of-warranty and has multiple "annoying but doesn't inhibit driving" problems that Tesla has quoted thousands to repair, this is tempting.

I can't imagine we'll be incentivized to a new purchase solely by this offer as our budget planning for the next couple of years didn't have a car payment included. But, when the cost of a new Y (with limited warranty and HV warranty) that could get the FUSC is nearly the same as current trade-in value + cost to repair current annoyances + potential-but-inevitable HV battery replacement, it invites the conversation.

Reactions: NV Ray
As an owner with FUSC and looking to take multiple SC-required trips the next couple of years but the S is out-of-warranty and has multiple "annoying but doesn't inhibit driving" problems that Tesla has quoted thousands to repair, this is tempting.

I can't imagine we'll be incentivized to a new purchase solely by this offer as our budget planning for the next couple of years didn't have a car payment included. But, when the cost of a new Y (with limited warranty and HV warranty) that could get the FUSC is nearly the same as current trade-in value + cost to repair current annoyances + potential-but-inevitable HV battery replacement, it invites the conversation.
I’m in the same boat as you. Might just put me over the edge to take delivery of a new model Y by year end. Do you think they will raise model Y price in between now and 12/31? Wondering if I should buy now or wait 30 days or so…

So I drove a new S (long range) and a Y performance today.

My 2015 FUSC non-performance has chill and standard modes, the YP has chill and sport modes, the S had chill sport and INSANE. Wow that was cool! Denied a Porsche who tried cutting me off. Then he rolled the window down at the light and said "why do you have to be such an @$$hole?" I said I'm on a test drive sorry. :D

Can't afford either at the moment with the lowered worth of my 2015. But you know they will continually have incentives for us FUSC owners. And another price drop on the Y is likely at some point if it's losing some or all tax credit in 2024.

Very impressed with the Y storage space in the 5 seater as well, the sub trunk looked like it went down to ground level. And I don't like mine not having air suspension. I was happy to not get it at first thinking it would just fail and leave me with a big bill. But the new S at very high setting, those extra 2 inches made it SO much easier to get in and out compared to mine which is starting to hurt my back to angle in.