Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD hits roof after 2024.14.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh one more follow up, I could never get it to show the “remember this location” option no matter what I do…I tried holding down the door button from the screen and from the physical button, it never asks. Any ideas for this?
The Model X has a single USS topside. If you lower your garage door to within a for or so of the car's roof, then position the car so the top sensor is directly under the edge of the partially closed door. You should be able to trip the "remember" action message.

I had to do this in my garage because it has 12 foot tall overhead door and 14 foot ceiling. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to trip.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
The Model X has a single USS topside. If you lower your garage door to within a for or so of the car's roof, then position the car so the top sensor is directly under the edge of the partially closed door. You should be able to trip the "remember" action message.

I had to do this in my garage because it has 12 foot tall overhead door and 14 foot ceiling. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to trip.
Thanks for the suggestion, I played with it for a while, no matter what I do it does not trigger the remember position option. My ceiling is not very high, and with the garage door open above it doesn’t have too much clearance. At least it’s back to opening part way and I can manually lift it a bit more. No more hitting which was the worst part.

I doubt recalibration fixed anything. The problem is that the USS stops working at random times in the new update. You can clearly see on the screen if the doors will fly open before you hit the button because the icon will show them fully open. It probably won't get fixed until another update.

It’s such an issue when you’re entering and opening the FWD first. Almost impossible to stop them from hitting in time since you can’t see from monitor.

I pretty much set trunk and FWD to low and don’t use the left side anymore since it’s too close to wall.

Taking the car in next week and hope they can figure something outs

My trunk hit the garage today for the first time. Good thing I was prepared and had already padded my garage above the trunk. Pool noodles were installed weeks ago for the FWDs but continue to hit occasionally. Latest software update for me was last week 2024.14.9 but it obviously didn't resolve anything.

I also noticed that my passenger door will sometimes open all the way, but only in my garage - It's never happened anywhere else. Driver door has never opened all the way, just a few inches.

Took the car in and they said all sensors (roof spine and falcon doors). Continued press on the issue with 4 different timestamps when issue occurred.

Also explained the last timestamp, car went into garage working, few hours later stopped when we were trying to leave, then worked again next morning.

Eventually they did more scenario testing and concluded the “ECU” is faulty and replaced it. So far so good for 2.5 days. Will monitor for another week to make sure it’s fixed.

Notes from service center. Hope this helps

“Verified customer concern, falcon doors hitting garage door when inside. Inspected and tested roof and door sensors. Tested door opening and closing while having object over the vehicle. Plotted signals to see distance sensors were seeing around time stamps provided, found both driver and passenger doors were not receiving a signal from the ultrasonic ECU as they were defaulting to a set distance. Removed left hand falcon door panel to inspect ECU. ECU receiving power and good ground. Inspected signals for reverb and resonance. Found ultrasonic ECU internally faulted. Replaced ultrasonic ECU. Tested vehicle under bay door. Doors operating as designed.”

Took the car in and they said all sensors (roof spine and falcon doors). Continued press on the issue with 4 different timestamps when issue occurred.

Also explained the last timestamp, car went into garage working, few hours later stopped when we were trying to leave, then worked again next morning.

Eventually they did more scenario testing and concluded the “ECU” is faulty and replaced it. So far so good for 2.5 days. Will monitor for another week to make sure it’s fixed.

Notes from service center. Hope this helps

“Verified customer concern, falcon doors hitting garage door when inside. Inspected and tested roof and door sensors. Tested door opening and closing while having object over the vehicle. Plotted signals to see distance sensors were seeing around time stamps provided, found both driver and passenger doors were not receiving a signal from the ultrasonic ECU as they were defaulting to a set distance. Removed left hand falcon door panel to inspect ECU. ECU receiving power and good ground. Inspected signals for reverb and resonance. Found ultrasonic ECU internally faulted. Replaced ultrasonic ECU. Tested vehicle under bay door. Doors operating as designed.”
What year is yours?

Ours is 2022 and never had an issue until yesterday… door worked fine when we left but upon return, opened and didn’t slow down as it went up. Luckily I saw it, but I was a bit slow to stop it from hitting.

Had a lovely incident yesterday where my FWD randomly smashed into the top of my garage leaving a pretty deep scratch on my dear and potentially some damage elsewhere on top. The trunk was about to do the same thing when my wife opened it but luckily she happened to yank on it and pull it down in time.

When I went to the service center and explained it, the guy looked at me like I was crazy and came up with a bunch of reasons that this could happen and explained that it's not Tesla's fault...

Has anyone had any luck getting Tesla to repair any damages to the vehicle as a result of the software update? I find it crazy that they can try to absolve themselves of the issue!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 3
Had a lovely incident yesterday where my FWD randomly smashed into the top of my garage leaving a pretty deep scratch on my dear and potentially some damage elsewhere on top. The trunk was about to do the same thing when my wife opened it but luckily she happened to yank on it and pull it down in time.

When I went to the service center and explained it, the guy looked at me like I was crazy and came up with a bunch of reasons that this could happen and explained that it's not Tesla's fault...

Has anyone had any luck getting Tesla to repair any damages to the vehicle as a result of the software update? I find it crazy that they can try to absolve themselves of the issue!!!
I am about to go to my SC to show them the damaged glass from the impact in my garage. I am expecting them to tell me the same thing, unfortunately.

Mine just smacked again after working fine for the last few days. Seems the sensors stop working because I don’t see the red feedback on the screen which senses objects nearby. There’s usually an indicator on top too when I’m in the garage. When it smacks there’s nothing.
There’s clearly enough people complaining since the update that this is not a faulty hardware component. They messed it up.