Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many of these m3 owners regret their purchase and are trying to get out from under a mistake while the iron is hot. Having watched a couple of the videos of people reviewing the car I am really glad I got an S. I would not have been as happy with a 3.
Touted as the "affordable" electric car people are trying to flip them for more than twice what I paid for a CPO P85.
I predict a bottom dropping out of the used 3 market the day the Model Y is announced.

Interested in others' opinions on differences in "feel" of the MS over time. I'm looking for used, 2014 or 2015 build dates, but haven't driven any that old. Is it a fair comparison to drive something built in 2018 and assume the 2014 is going to be the same? I wouldn't think so. Given that, buying a CPO sight-unseen and never having driven one even like it seems like a big roll of the dice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Nothing has changed except the power, the new ones are about a second faster 0-60 but nothing else has changed. The Air suspension is the same the hi fi sound is the same, the seats are seats, etc. I drove a 2017 100D loaner and it drove the same as my 2015 70D except it was faster

Nothing has changed except the power, the new ones are about a second faster 0-60 but nothing else has changed. The Air suspension is the same the hi fi sound is the same, the seats are seats, etc. I drove a 2017 100D loaner and it drove the same as my 2015 70D except it was faster
The all the seats are different, the console was added, the materials on the door panels have been changed, the trim is all different.

Hi newbie to this forum and tesla in general.

Im looking at a 2015 Tesla Model S 70D with Pano roof and AP1 with 25k miles (MRSP $80,200) selling for 62k at a non-tesla dealership. Carfax clean.

1. What things should I look out for?
2. What do you think is a good price to shoot for? 50k? 55k?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Olds442
Hi newbie to this forum and tesla in general.

Im looking at a 2015 Tesla Model S 70D with Pano roof and AP1 with 25k miles (MRSP $80,200) selling for 62k at a non-tesla dealership. Carfax clean.

1. What things should I look out for?
2. What do you think is a good price to shoot for? 50k? 55k?

Thanks in advance!
welcome!
the thing about buying from a non-tesla dealership is the bumper to bumper warranty. it's gone as soon as a "dealership" takes possession of the car. it's typically better for the buyer if they buy from a private party or tesla, in which case that warranty transfers to the new owner. the new owner can extend that warranty in some cases for another 4 years 50k miles. it depends on the year and mileage of the car. in either case you would have the 8 years (from original delivery) unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. but that's not going to help you if a door handle stops extending etc.
good luck in your search!

welcome!
the thing about buying from a non-tesla dealership is the bumper to bumper warranty. it's gone as soon as a "dealership" takes possession of the car. it's typically better for the buyer if they buy from a private party or tesla, in which case that warranty transfers to the new owner. the new owner can extend that warranty in some cases for another 4 years 50k miles. it depends on the year and mileage of the car. in either case you would have the 8 years (from original delivery) unlimited mile battery/drive unit warranty. but that's not going to help you if a door handle stops extending etc.
good luck in your search!

FYI, I called Tesla service and they said the both warranty are transferable regardless of where you buy it.

welcome!
the thing about buying from a non-tesla dealership is the bumper to bumper warranty. it's gone as soon as a "dealership" takes possession of the car. it's typically better for the buyer if they buy from a private party or tesla, in which case that warranty transfers to the new owner.

Absolutely not true. The original factory warranty stays with the car regardless of where it's bought or sold, unless it's a salvage car.

What you mean to say is that any used Tesla sold through a dealer is not eligible to buy the Extended Service Agreement (ESA) which is also different from the original factory warranty.

See: Vehicle Warranty | Model S and Model X

I'll also add here that it's no longer true that only the original owner can buy the ESA... any subsequent owner can buy it as long as it hasn't passed through a used car dealer (that Tesla knows about).

This discussion on warranties and private dealers answered a lot of ?'s for me. Thanks fellas!

And I would assume selling your Tesla here, eBay, and a car website i.e. Cargurus.com, would be the best areas. There's also a Fbook page for Tesla Owners that sell their cars there. Good luck!

Reactions: Olds442
Looking for some advice, what’s a good price for a 2015 model s 70d with black leather seats, deep blue paint, sunroof, rear facing seats, ap1, premium interior and lighting and around 25k miles? Looking to buy from a friend and trying to decide a fair price. KBB seems unreliable. Thanks in advance!

This may be a dumb question but I’m looking to purchase a MSD from 2014-2016. The problem is that not many are located in New England area. The best prices are on the west coast and other far away locations. My question is, if I should buy a MS from let say Cali. What is the best and cost effective way to get it to the eas coast? Without the transport fee washing the saving.

This may be a dumb question but I’m looking to purchase a MSD from 2014-2016. The problem is that not many are located in New England area. The best prices are on the west coast and other far away locations. My question is, if I should buy a MS from let say Cali. What is the best and cost effective way to get it to the eas coast? Without the transport fee washing the saving.

You'd have to take delivery from a western state and drive it or have it shipped 3PL. Driving would be free energy on the supercharger network, you'd only be out miles and tires. You can have a car shipped for around 6-900 from coast to coast with a large company assuming you're going form one hub city to another.