Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You put to much weight into what governments can control, which is very little. At the end of the day if consumers demand clean and green, companies will provide it. If consumers don't care, there is little the EPA can do to stop a company from polluting or moving operations where it's legal.

This is wrong on so many levels its time consuming to enumerate them all.
Except for the far political extremes, reasonable people recognize that governments have legitimate functions to ensure the safety of their citizens in many ways. They understand that many laws passed by our elected representatives will be interpreted by the appropriate government agency and regulations to implement the intent of a law are crafted and if the agency is effective there will be mechanisms to enforce the regulations. We also understand that regulations should be reviewed regularly and adjusted or sometimes eliminated if no longer needed.

Articles like this cover story by Time magazine Aug. 1, 1969 detailing the abysmal pollution found in most large U.S. rivers
and similar concerns about air pollution, led Congress to pass the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.
America's Sewage System and the Price of Optimism
The law was signed by Richard Nixon on Jan. 1, 1970 and he directed the creation of a new federal agency to implement NEPA. The EPA became operational by end of that same year.

During the following decades under both Republican and Democratic administrations, EPA instituted and refined regulations which led to huge improvements in air and water quality and more recently ones designed to curtail CO2 emissions to address climate change. No rational person would want to reverse these gains except... the current administrator of EPA. Long a paid tool of the oil and gas industry, Pruitt and his boss have no interest in reforming EPA but wish to eliminate regulations wholesale and reduce EPA to an ineffectual shell.
Left wing magazine National Geographic is maintaining a list of how the Administration is changing the environment.
I'd encourage following this link to see just how sweeping these efforts have become.
A Running List of How Trump Is Changing the Environment

You assert that "You put to much weight into what governments can control, which is very little."
If that was the case, why would corporations, billionaires, unions (tiny) and interest groups spend over 3 billion dollars lobbying Congress each year? Nothing better to do with their money?
Campaign contributions at all levels of government for the 2016 elections totaled $6.5 billion. Quite a lot of effort and cash to influence what our government will or won't do.

To be clear, governments can often over reach and that tendency must be restrained responsibly. Exceptional individuals with idealistic vision and determination like Elon Musk can accomplish things which governments either cannot do or are prevented from doing by special interests. Like the ones the EPA administrator has ethics violations with which are so egregious, other administration EPA appointees are calling for him to be fired.

The fact that Diess was responsible for Developement since 2012 during his time with BMW does not make me confident in his leadership and vision. He is also just since 2015 with VW an organization people say you need years to understand. Müller himself was an outsider and is now again one. Not sure if Diess will be able to make VW successful again a funny sentence considering the good financials but forward looking it looks pretty dark....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: immunogold
It’s called a pilot project from BP which is what you do to validate larger investments.

You may want to call the 50 Semis reserved by Pepsi the same....

All serious business starts with a POC.
For that matter, all the publicly reported Tesla Semi orders appear to be in that category. We cannot know about those not publicly reported. POCs can be quite profitable business, though for TE (Hornsdale is probably an example) and for other Tesla products. I have little doubt that quite a few Tesla solar roof orders are from commercial builders wanting to have a POC.

According to this source it will be 212 MW / 840 Mwh. This is huge!

《路透晚报》--4月10日

I'm not a Chinese? reader, but according to Electrek this is a pilot project and involves a sale of around 4 Powerpacks (212kW/ 840kWh).
The accompanying article shows what appears to be a temp trailer-mounted installation consisting of 4 Powerpacks.

That's Kilowatts, not Megawatts.

Tesla deploying Powerpacks at a BP wind farm

Edit: Yeah, what avoigt and Waiting4M3 said...

I'm not a Chinese? reader, but according to Electrek this is a pilot project and involves a sale of around 4 Powerpacks (212kW/ 840kWh).
The accompanying article shows what appears to be a temp trailer-mounted installation consisting of 4 Powerpacks.

That's Kilowatts, not Megawatts.

Tesla deploying Powerpacks at a BP wind farm

Edit: Yeah, what avoigt and Waiting4M3 said...
Hey, it’s just nice for fake news to go pro Teala as opposed to the contrary

David Tamberrino is ranked #4425 out of 4756 analysts. Bottom 7%. Average return -12%. I assume a company that cares about it's reputation would have fired this kind of bottom performer long ago. It seems GS is happy with his performance.

Another strange thing, if I google an analyst, I can find hundreds of pictures and videos. But I can't find one picture of David Tamberrino.

Maybe his job is to give a downgrade on TSLA at the critical times. It's not a pleasant job, but someone has to do it.

Another strange thing, if I google an analyst, I can find hundreds of pictures and videos. But I can't find one picture of David Tamberrino.

Found one:

859CEB3A-35C4-4B91-A7C8-5589F07F4618.jpeg

Buddy of mine who wasn’t a 1st day line waiter but who reserved online on day 1 got his invite 2 days ago. Arkansas.

Saw this and was irritated even though I'm not planning to order my model 3 anytime soon, bought a model X instead. Checked my account just now and I can also configure if I want.

California Line waiter, window was April-June. Waiting to hear back from a friend who waited in line with me, he had a delivery window 3 months earlier.

I did see three model 3's at the Manteca supercharger this past Saturday and one at Clovis supercharger on Sunday.

Edit: model 3 reserved with different account so our model X purchase did not jump us to front of the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: DurandalAI
Tesla seems to start planning for 1m vehicles per year already
as per this job description. Good to see they start working on
logistics early. Via reddit:

Bozi Tatarevic on Twitter

Tesla posting for an Outbound Logistics Program Manager. One of the responsibilities is to:
"Define, create and implement future finished vehicle supply chain at 1m VINs/Year"

Saw this and was irritated even though I'm not planning to order my model 3 anytime soon, bought a model X instead. Checked my account just now and I can also configure if I want.

California Line waiter, window was April-June. Waiting to hear back from a friend who waited in line with me, he had a delivery window 3 months earlier.

I did see three model 3's at the Manteca supercharger this past Saturday and one at Clovis supercharger on Sunday.

Edit: model 3 reserved with different account so our model X purchase did not jump us to front of the line.
My understanding is that they’re spreading out the deliveries geographically to avoid overloading delivery centers further, which makes sense. I would imagine that for those of us in BFE areas like Arkansas that we would have to go to Dallas or Memphis. It gives me hope I will see some in this area, however. As is, I do a little dance when I see a Model S or X, which are more common in this area than any other type of pure BEV, but still quite rare. They’re being purchased as exclusive luxury cars as opposed to electric cars, I would suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.