Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we deliver 20K in the US between now and then of June. The entire last half of 2018 is $7,500 credit qualified?
Updated-Federal-EV-Tax-Credit-Phase-Out-Scenarios-Nov-24-2017.png

Tesla is slowing a bit in Norway deliveries (steady for the month >30 per day, 27 the last 2 days, 19 today),
but it's still going very well: 353 cars as of now.

What I find interesting is that this April will be the bestselling not-last-month-of-the-quarter ever, beside the exceptional November 2016 (the very one with Elon's mail and consequent burst). So, nothing truly remarkable, but it assures us a bit that demand is still strong even after the extraordinary 2017 numbers due to Norwegian elections and fears of a cut of EV incentives.

upload_2018-4-18_19-22-44.png

Tesla is slowing a bit in Norway deliveries (steady for the month >30 per day, 27 the last 2 days, 19 today),
but it's still going very well: 353 cars as of now.

What I find interesting is that this April will be the bestselling not-last-month-of-the-quarter ever, beside the exceptional November 2016 (the very one with Elon's mail and consequent burst). So, nothing truly remarkable, but it assures us a bit that demand is still strong even after the extraordinary 2017 numbers due to Norwegian elections and fears of a cut of EV incentives.

View attachment 295062

But how much of the April boost is due to March deliveries being delayed due to the trucking issue?

• Helpful
Reactions: KLC13
But how much of the April boost is due to March deliveries being delayed due to the trucking issue?

I think Easter slowed some March deliveries as Maundy Thursday and Good Friday were March 29th and 30th..., there were no deliveries..the Saturday deliveries were very light, too (March 31st) so maybe a hundred or more new owners decided to take delivery in April...assuming they took a vacation around Easter.

• Informative
Reactions: Lbkmxp100d
Green Car Reports doesn't have an anti Tesla bias, not at all.

Tesla shuts down Model 3 production for five days amid quality concerns

fwiw, this sort of thing was the main point in the comment I made last week that to me it looked quite likely that CBS had cut out part of an Elon comment to keep off it’s national TV program footage of Elon giving a basis for skepticism about the quality of Moody’s ratings. My only reference to Gayle King was that I didn’t think she really had anything to do with it. I actually saw her as empathetic and somewhat supportive of Elon and Tesla.

I think it’s constructive for us to realize there are all but certainly existing campaigns that impact Tesla (and how large and intense they are, and how likely to span for years to come) whether we cannot necessarily tease out exactly what is a campaign for fossil fuels, for short positions, etc.

and no, I don’t imagine any of this is ‘evil’ or a ‘conspiracy.’

Last edited:
Not trying to go off topic, but I don’t get how everyone is assuming they pause to remove more robots. He said in the interview that the conveying system was not working and that they already removed it. Why does everyone seem to think they are removing more automation rather than improving it?

Due to comment about being over-roboted, under appreciating humans, and the increase in hiring.

Green Car Reports doesn't have an anti Tesla bias, not at all.

Tesla shuts down Model 3 production for five days amid quality concerns

There's so much FUD everywhere that I now believe that, once a certain quantity of fake news has made the headlines, all the journalists will repeat this line and stop questioning it. They might take a few links somewhere to "sources" their work and provide some originality but they will not challenge the angle of the story. They just add to the fire, and ride the train.

But they'll be happy to switch the angle if/when the "counter-party" (i.e those with opposing interest to the FUD instigator) manages to get facts straights through a few media, and they'll provide a new angle. And they'll be happy to mock every one (the other media, their readers and themselves if necessary) when people get tired of the FUD and the changes in the story. They'll just report the new angle, the fake angle, the right angle and the non-angle. The work of the media isn't to make the news but to report what's the new story.

The story is that Tesla is going to crash as hard as it was expected to rise. At least that's what the headline has to say and most of the links in the article must prove (who cares if these sources can be trusted).

PS: I liked Ace in the Hole :)

Due to comment about being over-roboted, under appreciating humans, and the increase in hiring.
True but over-roboted I read in the context of the conveying system being the problem to solve. Looks like a lot of stuff were part of that system, so replacing that alone would already justify the comment on humans.
More hiring could be mostly related to 3rd shift and increased volume; how do we know that a 3rd shift wasn’t planned already to achieve 5000/week, but they were just waiting to resolve the major bottlenecks?
Sure enough there will be other areas where humans are better, but recent comments are making it sound almost like they have go back to hand made cars to achieve their target, which can I think is miles off what’s really happening.

True but over-roboted I read in the context of the conveying system being the problem to solve. Looks like a lot of stuff were part of that system, so replacing that alone would already justify the comment on humans.
More hiring could be mostly related to 3rd shift and increased volume; how do we know that a 3rd shift wasn’t planned already to achieve 5000/week, but they were just waiting to resolve the major bottlenecks?
Sure enough there will be other areas where humans are better, but recent comments are making it sound almost like they have go back to hand made cars to achieve their target, which can I think is miles off what’s really happening.
Or the alien Dreadnought is active and is it self hiring workers for upkeep and tasks dealing with outside suppliers where a robot and electronic communication cannot suffice.

This might be hitting the news sites soon, doesn't seem to be anything of consequence, but expect maximum FUD

Caroline O'Donovan on Twitter

Just got off the phone with a Cal/OSHA spokesperson who told me a new health+safety inspection at Tesla's Fremont factory was opened yesterday. The agency can't say what triggered the inspection, except that it wasn't an industrial accident

• Helpful
Reactions: SteveG3

Valid points.
Doubt it's back to hand made, but there may be a few spots that the robots are just not cutting it (at this point). Due to the level of integration, it is likely a bit messy trying to convert to human power.
Elon Instagramed from Giga, so it may be that setting up the new battery equipment is a big factor in this (also based on the staggered shutdown, Giga first, Fremont the day after).

Reactions: stef
Status
Not open for further replies.