Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. That's like if Tesla makes about 6,000,000 (adjust for pop growth) base model 3 in 2031 for $8750.

How about adjusted for competition growth? Henry didn't have to contend with Volkswagen, Hyundai, the Japanese and the Chinese.

An an adjustment on likelihood of killing driver/passenger in a crash and killing people breathing Model T exhaust?

A Model T with original drivetrain pollutes about 1000x as does a base 2018 Ford Fusion.

An original Model T would go about 25k-30k miles before needing an engine and transmission rebuild.

Following up on this: Ford will halt all production of its popular F-Series pickup

This may have serious consequences, as F-Series comprises nearly half of Ford's gross profits.

Razor-thin margins, high operating leverage, levered balance sheet, and now, a big hit to gross profits = no bueno.

They probably can't make the Expedition, Expedition Maxx, or Navigator that are based on the F Series platform either.

So that is ~70% of profits.

Elon just tweeted this:

Hmm, wonder what this could be....

Y Proto.jpg

And why is that? As usual, just an opinion but no facts. JRPs argument was that you have very few followers, and your tweets dont get liked/retweeted much so their visibility is low. Why do you think this is wrong? Please explain

I can explain. Unlike you I did some follow up research to challenge my preconceptions. What I found was that the number of followers and likes/retweets can be far lower than the number of views, on the order of 10,000 to 1. Simply put, I was wrong.

Tesla made an advertisement for the first time? Is this truly the end of an era?

Without getting in to a debate over the definition of "advertising", Tesla has always promoted their products and company through videos, photos, events, and social media. What they don't do (yet?) is pay others to distribute that promotional content.

Status
Not open for further replies.