Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian media report that the 18MW battery in Ter Hills represents an investment of 11M EUR. The battery plant is owned by an investment vehicle of the Flemish government. Small interesting note : Tesla did not allow any of the other partners to communicate about the site untill it had been operational for a full month. I wish we'd have more of that attitude regarding autonomous drive (do first, prove it out, then communicate). In this case it went even further : newspares note that none of the Tesla staff was allowed to communicate on the record on the press event. Evan Rice (Tesla Energy director) said "It's bizarre but that is our policy".

Hallo Schonelucht,

I find your ' small note" most interesting :)
Can you share the source of that and the quote from Mr. Evan Rice ? I did not see it in the linked Dutch article.

• Disagree
Reactions: Teslie
I find your ' small note" most interesting :)
Can you share the source of that and the quote from Mr. Evan Rice ? I did not see it in the linked Dutch article.

It's in today's 'De Standaard' (Tesla brengt licht in Limburg). Here is link on Blendle (Dutch, paywall) but you can also find it in the paper edition. Full quote is

De Standaard said:
De aanwezige Tesla-medewerkers willen in elk geval geen toelichting geven bij het project. Niemand, van woordvoerder tot Europees directeur, wil een woord wisselen met de aanwezige pers. ‘Bizar, ik weet het’, wil Evan Rice nog net kwijt. ‘Maar dat zijn onze regels.’

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy and Teslie
Macros are bad across the board, Tsla down 2% PM. Time for me to hit the gym and wait for all of this to blow over.

As a side note has anyone used Tesla to buy their trade in? I’m expecting my model 3 delivery in June, I have a car still on active lease, I’m not sure wether to keep it, put it on lease buster or have Tesla trade it in.

Report from Freemont on Model 3 Production line 5/13/2018 (midday):

* 4290- Last 7 days production of M3
* 638- Last 24hrs production of M3

The last line shutdown/retooling had a significant improvement on the speed of the M3 line. Everything is working in conjunction like intended and no bottlenecks anywhere. The upcoming May line shutdown for retooling is going to be much shorter than past, and currently scheduled for May 26-27th weekend. Shutdown could get moved up if production continues to increase at its current rate. The sentiment from the line is 5k sustained is pretty much guaranteed and 6k before end of June is very likely. Bottom line is I was told this is as good as Tesla employees have felt about the M3 production since production began.
And now a leaked email from Tesla says that they hope to pass 500 per day this week, wonder wish is closest to the truth?

Tesla Model 3 production to ‘likely exceed’ 500 cars per day this week, says Elon Musk

And now a leaked email from Tesla says that they hope to pass 500 per day this week, wonder wish is closest to the truth?

Tesla Model 3 production to ‘likely exceed’ 500 cars per day this week, says Elon Musk
Reporting in from my planet where the sky is always blue:

“It is looking quite likely that we will exceed 500 vehicles per day across all Model 3 production zones this week.”
Hello AWD!
:D
(and/or exceeding 600 a day also makes it look quite likely that they will exceed 500 per day)

Reactions: scaesare
Macros are bad across the board, Tsla down 2% PM. Time for me to hit the gym and wait for all of this to blow over.

As a side note has anyone used Tesla to buy their trade in? I’m expecting my model 3 delivery in June, I have a car still on active lease, I’m not sure wether to keep it, put it on lease buster or have Tesla trade it in.

Also another fiery accident in Switzerland making the news. Not looking good today.

• Funny
Reactions: K_Dizzle
Obviously Elon's number.
While I am skeptical of @Lbkmxp100d numbers, this does not necessarily contradict Elon's email. The email is specifically talking about a sustainable 500 per day production, where as the ~4000+ per week measured at the end of the line could be the exit rate, which is possible bursting, especially with other inventory from the Late April down time at the giga and the main production line. Elon's mails are carefully worded and this one tells me he is looking at sustained rates than burst rates.

While I am skeptical of @Lbkmxp100d numbers, this does not necessarily contradict Elon's email. The email is specifically talking about a sustainable 500 per day production, where as the ~4000+ per week measured at the end of the line could be the exit rate, which is possible bursting, especially with other inventory from the Late April down time at the giga and the main production line. Elon's mails are carefully worded and this one tells me he is looking at sustained rates than burst rates.

It would be nice if that were the case. Call me skeptibull.

Jonas is doing a good job getting a good price for his MS buy-side counter-part, MS loading up on TSLA in Q1.

upload_2018-5-15_8-20-51.png

Vladimir Grinshpun on Twitter

It would be nice if that were the case. Call me skeptibull.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. IMO, no way in the real world do those numbers match up. If they had produced over 4000 Model 3s in a week it would definitely have been in Elon's email and reported by Electrek.

Now, back to reality .... 3500/wk is fantastic progress from 2270/wk in a little more than a month. Hopefully the next round of improvements is as successful and they will be knocking on the door of 5000/week.

Status
Not open for further replies.