Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Article on this subsidiary is already on electrec, it´s official:
Tesla sets up new company in Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone ahead of Chinese Gigafactory announcement

Rumor even has it they´ve already broken ground for a factory:
RUMOR: Tesla Shanghai factory has broken ground. • r/teslamotors

This is the source quoted there, any Chinese speakers here who might give an interpretation?!
http://finance.jrj.com.cn/2018/05/14220124537923.shtml
Via google translate, for whatever that´s worth:
Google Translate
According to one source, Tesla has started construction in Shanghai, started construction first, and then waited for the foreign ownership of the auto companies in China to open up and adjust the ratio, otherwise it would be too late because the steel structure will take a year and a half. The Sega's Gigafactory, built in June 2014, has not been completely built.

• Funny
Reactions: bambam4171 and JRP3

continuing to respond on Twitter,

"It’s super messed up that a Tesla crash resulting in a broken ankle is front page news and the ~40,000 people who died in US auto accidents alone in past year get almost no coverage [with link to Washington Post article, "Tesla with Autopilot slams into truck..." "

and

"What’s actually amazing about this accident is that a Model S hit a fire truck at 60mph and the driver only broke an ankle. An impact at that speed usually results in severe injury or death."

Login on Twitter

Fatal accident in Switzerland last week that has now been determined today to have been a Tesla was just picked up by Reuters (had previously only seen reporting in Swiss press). The car burned after the fire. I do think posting facts in the comments section of such articles is of some value amid this lopsided media coverage.

Tesla crash may have triggered battery fire: Swiss firefighters

IMO, Dana is still upset with EM. She use to have a decent relationship with him for the first part of her tenure at The San Jose Mercury but it deteriorated after a 'snub'....I can not recall the incident. It became worse when she went to Bloomberg where there is an obvious agenda and she is financially rewarded more for negative articles vs positive ones.

IMO, Dana is still upset with EM. She use to have a decent relationship with him for the first part of her tenure at The San Jose Mercury but it deteriorated after a 'snub'....I can not recall the incident. It became worse when she went to Bloomberg where there is an obvious agenda and she is financially rewarded more for negative articles vs positive ones.

I have no recollection of any snubs. I do recall some cheeky tweets from Dana, along the lines, of "can't you do this for me," i.e, re access, so, playfully trying to get extra access, but, I do not think there were any snubs, i.e. less favorable treatment than her peers.

fwiw, I've sensed some bias in Dana's coverage for quite a long time, but, do agree, at Bloomberg, this turned up noticeably. It really just may not be possible to continue to have a job at Bloomberg if one doesn't stay within certain lines of where those running the business want the message. Bloomberg is far from unique in this regard.

continuing to respond on Twitter,

"It’s super messed up that a Tesla crash resulting in a broken ankle is front page news and the ~40,000 people who died in US auto accidents alone in past year get almost no coverage [with link to Washington Post article, "Tesla with Autopilot slams into truck..." "

and

"What’s actually amazing about this accident is that a Model S hit a fire truck at 60mph and the driver only broke an ankle. An impact at that speed usually results in severe injury or death."

Login on Twitter
Or a LOT of iron / al coming through the firewall!

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Status
Not open for further replies.